Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 13 with 10m AP !

Quote Originally Posted by andrew375 View Post
    When you have a bad shot, don't dwell on it. Do not think to yourself "don't do that again " , because that is what you will do! If you find you get distracted by bad shots try shooting without spotting.
    This was one of the most important factors for me. I used to shoot at a range that had a camera on the target and a small tv at the firing point. Analysing shot by shot quickly became an exercise in frustration, then in temptation as I tried not to look at it between shots. Eventually I just turned it all off and it was much easier to get my head in the game. My eyesight was good enough to see some of the light coming through the card, so I just had to concentrate on my front sight and nothing else.
    I used to dry fire at a dirty spot on the wall in my oldest boys room.. this was great practice as it was an indistinct smudge roughly the shape of a circle. I chose what my release picture was and just practiced practised practised.
    If I sell this Walther Gold Cup LBP I have, I might purchase another Feinwerkbau 100/2/3 or maybe a pcp as my club have bought a compressor.
    Donald

Thumbs up Good stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by andrew375 View Post
    A few things to help with the psychology side.
    When you have a bad shot, don't dwell on it. Do not think to yourself "don't do that again " , because that is what you will do! If you find you get distracted by bad shots try shooting without spotting.
    I think I've got this down - I do not dwell on a bad shot. (after watching guys at the range have a tantrum when they shoot a 7)

But I will try the "every shot is a dead center bull". I like how that sounds.

Two of the biggest contributors to my progress so far are:

1) don't move your feet until the target is finished. (I was dancing all over the place.....newbie thing I suspect)

2) don't think about the shot per se, think about the components, in order, that make up the shot. (this was literally huge!!)

Still trying to wrap my head around Pryor's "the thinking mind vs. the trusting mind". That may take a while.

Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by Agt. Smith; 10-12-2021 at 03:58 PM.
    Peterborough Sportsman's Club (Dublin, NH USA) - "Pellet Night" Wednesday evenings 5-8pm.