Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tx200...

Tx200...

Ladies and Gents,

It is since forever ago that I bought a new air rifle, however I keep reading about how popular the TX200 would be.

I know they do both longer and shorter barrels and a variety of stocks.

I have a HW 77 with the full length barrel but quite fancy a TX with the carbine length would people think this is a good choice and what sort of price do you think a used one in very good condition would be if I can find one?

Any recommendations on a specific model or anything to avoid?

Many thanks!
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Ladies and Gents,

It is since forever ago that I bought a new air rifle, however I keep reading about how popular the TX200 would be.

I know they do both longer and shorter barrels and a variety of stocks.

I have a HW 77 with the full length barrel but quite fancy a TX with the carbine length would people think this is a good choice and what sort of price do you think a used one in very good condition would be if I can find one?

Any recommendations on a specific model or anything to avoid?

Many thanks!
    I would say try one first. I have had both and preferred the HW97k to the TX200HC I had. You may not but it is an expensive bet if you find the same as me.
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I wish I had a few of them, so I could compare models, but as I don't I'll just say that my Mk2 full length 0.177 is the best springer I have ever used. Damned heavy though, even without the lead I put in the stock.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I have a 97 and 3 TX200 s
    Tells you which I prefer
    The HC needs noticeably more cocking effort than the full length due to the shorter lever
    Especially noticeable in. 177
    Pete

I do like the mk1 and 2s tx200s, mine are full length .177. Atb mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    carbine barrel with walnut stock; balances nice and is lighter, and a little harder to cock
    beech stock with full length barrel; balances nice and is heavier, and easier to cock

walnut stock and full length I find too front heavy
    beech stock and carbine I find OK, but walnut just makes it handier/lighter

just my 2c, others will dissagree... just watch
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Many thanks.....

Guys,

thanks for your thoughts, yes, I always think, try before you buy, is best if that is possible. Also, I'm a fully paid up subscriber to the buy in haste repent at leisure club, so thanks for the timely reminders and the thoughts on the merits of the foibles of the different models.

People have spoke about different Mk's - so how many different Mks are there and are there any things to watch out for or to avoid say like the plastic triggers on the Mk 1 - FWB Sports of the 80's?

Whilst I appreciate when buying a used item one persons perfect is very different to another's but I guess condition is important to me and I'd like something in good order - any guidance on a ballpark price for something like that? Own personal prejudices and preferences would lead me to think I would probably like a Beech 177 HC model

I do like the look of the Walnut but think the price would probably be prohibitive?

Thanks for your 2 cents worth.
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Mk1 mk2 mk3,Atb mick

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Everyone will have their own opinion usually based on what they already have, so here are some facts not opinion

The HC outsells the full length.

The Mk3 HC cocking effort is still low at 28lbs, to give you some idea a full stroke 80K is 25lbs both at 11 ft/lbs.

If you are comparing a HW97K with a TXHC, the HC has a rotating piston, a central transfer port, a safe cocking shoe and
    a really safe ABT also you can fit a silencer and this can be handy if you want to shoot it in a garden

I usually shoot my typical British and German collectibles open sighted at the range. Two years ago at a local furniture, antiques, odds and sods auction, coming up was a TX200 HC 0.22 in walnut complete with Hawke scope in excellent condition. I won it at a very low bid! I took it to the range, made no adjustments to scope and was surprised how accurate it was, probably even better with a real target shooter technique. Still no adjustments made to scope, love it, it is difficult to resist taking it to the range instead of giving the collectibles a work out.

Don't discount the full length, it's only around 25mm longer than a 97/77k. I find the handling fine, not overly front heavy.

I don't get why people accuse the full length TX of being too long, it's shorter than my Longbow with a 5" silencer fitted. It's certainly no 77 dray poker!

TX200 or 97K..both good.
    At the moment i have the superb TX200 full length in .177
    in a CS1000 stock with a Falcon T50 sat in adjustable mounts...sold my 97K and put the money to the TX.
    97k was very good , but prefer the TX...just something about them.
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 30-11-2021 at 07:33 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    carbine barrel with walnut stock; balances nice and is lighter, and a little harder to cock
    beech stock with full length barrel; balances nice and is heavier, and easier to cock
    Exactly my thoughts. Plus the fact that the full length one doesn't require quite so much spring. So, when I craved in to temptation about five years or so ago I rang my nice, friendly RFD with a view to ordering the beech, full length. He said I ought to go visit as he had just taken something nearly new in and I might like......So I went and ended up with the walnut HC.. To be fair, as I'd developed a very nice relationship with him, the price he offered me it at made it very hard to resist.

For all the TX's supposed advantages - the ridiculously easy strip down, synthetic bearings and central transfer port, I just don't gel with it like my HWs. But amongst my HW menagerie there are three 77s and two 97s, so I did feel at the time that a little variety was called for. There's nothing wrong with it and it's a keeper, but I do favour a 77/97.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Plus the fact that the full length one doesn't require quite so much spring. So, when I craved in to temptation about five years or so ago I rang my nice, friendly RFD with a view to ordering the beech, full length. He said I ought to go visit as he had just taken something nearly new in and I might like......So I went and ended up with the walnut HC.. To be fair, as I'd developed a very nice relationship with him, the price he offered me it at made it very hard to resist.

For all the TX's supposed advantages - the ridiculously easy strip down, synthetic bearings and central transfer port, I just don't gel with it like my HWs. But amongst my HW menagerie there are three 77s and two 97s, so I did feel at the time that a little variety was called for. There's nothing wrong with it and it's a keeper, but I do favour a 77/97.
    Same here Tony, i have a mk3 tx 200 but i dont use it i much prefer a hw77k or 97
    BSA SUPERSPORT .22
    Ripley ar5s .177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by john79 View Post
    Same here Tony, i have a mk3 tx 200 but i dont use it i much prefer a hw77k or 97
    Great to see you on, John.. Hope you're keeping well. Be nice to catch up at a Bash next year.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!