Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tx200...

I would like to try an early TX200 without the ABT, I think I might like them. In fact if ever I find an early full length .22" in need of tlc I would be happy to give the Air Arms a second chance.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I would like to try an early TX200 without the ABT, I think I might like them. In fact if ever I find an early full length .22" in need of tlc I would be happy to give the Air Arms a second chance.
    just unscrew the ABT from your more modern, safer one (or disable it with a bit of credit card) Personally I like to retain the ends of my digits, and it's the killer advantge the TX has over the HW
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    You'd love mine then --- a full length early .22" MK2 without ABT or safety.

It's also fitted with a Walther LGV piston to short stroke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    just unscrew the ABT from your more modern, safer one (or disable it with a bit of credit card) Personally I like to retain the ends of my digits, and it's the killer advantge the TX has over the HW
    That's what killed the 77/97 for me, after trying a TX I very much doubt I'd go back to the German offering now. The ABT doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I have heard it said that the TX is better out of the box but the 97 can easily made to be as good.
    The next time you're at The Bash have a go with each model.
    I have had both a HC and a 97k and ended up selling the HC. I bought the HC first and really liked it but then had a hankering for a 97 and when I bought that I could no longer shoot the HC as well as I could before (psychological, I know).
    Having said that, Pete (flyingfish) has a TX that's been tickled by Nick Gibney and I must say that is a lovely gun to shoot.
    As for price, using Gunstar as a guide, they're asking anything from £250-£500.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 01-12-2021 at 02:16 AM.

Portsmouth Guns stock them, go and have a feel....

Failing that if you are free for a couple of hours Friday early afternoon I will be at Lains (Targets and Tins) near Thruxton/Andover if you want a try of my full length TX200 Mk3 in .177, it'll cost you £15 for a full days shooting up there (bring your own toys), or alternatively I may be at a club near Romsey on Sunday morning if I'm allowed out to play

There is really nothing in weight and balance between full length and HC, HC has the advantage of being able to fit a silencer, but neither are loud out of the box - their reputation for being a fantastic springer is well deserved, and for the minor differences in construction over their evolution there are no dogs to look out for although secondhand its possibly better to look for a rifle that is as standard as possible

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. Plus the fact that the full length one doesn't require quite so much spring. So, when I craved in to temptation about five years or so ago I rang my nice, friendly RFD with a view to ordering the beech, full length. He said I ought to go visit as he had just taken something nearly new in and I might like......So I went and ended up with the walnut HC.. To be fair, as I'd developed a very nice relationship with him, the price he offered me it at made it very hard to resist.

For all the TX's supposed advantages - the ridiculously easy strip down, synthetic bearings and central transfer port, I just don't gel with it like my HWs. But amongst my HW menagerie there are three 77s and two 97s, so I did feel at the time that a little variety was called for. There's nothing wrong with it and it's a keeper, but I do favour a 77/97.
    Yet again, agreeing with Tony. I have a full length TX in a Customstock, but still go to the LGU or the HW97 when I really want to hit something.

Many thanks....

Thanks for all the input - greatly appreciated.

wild cat / curved ball question is the TX200 offered in .20 Cal
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    You'd love mine then --- a full length early .22" MK2 without ABT or safety.

It's also fitted with a Walther LGV piston to short stroke it.
    Sounds very nice. And I bet it hasn't eaten any of your digits even without an ABT!
    Last edited by averageplinker; 01-12-2021 at 06:45 PM.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Thanks for all the input - greatly appreciated.

wild cat / curved ball question is the TX200 offered in .20 Cal
    no, custom conversion only (they are very easy to rebarrel)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I have heard it said that the TX is better out of the box but the 97 can easily made to be as good.
    The next time you're at The Bash have a go with each model.
    I have had both a HC and a 97k and ended up selling the HC. I bought the HC first and really liked it but then had a hankering for a 97 and when I bought that I could no longer shoot the HC as well as I could before (psychological, I know).
    Having said that, Pete (flyingfish) has a TX that's been tickled by Nick Gibney and I must say that is a lovely gun to shoot.
    As for price, using Gunstar as a guide, they're asking anything from £250-£500.

Yes Gary the Nick G 21mm rifle is great. I wouldn't sell my mk3 HC or Mk1 either. Just don't have the same feeling for my 97 though. It is in a nice stock and 25mm internals
    Pete

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Brew Up View Post
    Don't discount the full length, it's only around 25mm longer than a 97/77k. I find the handling fine, not overly front heavy.
    But don't you think that the HC just looks better at the muzzle end I do like the full length and it's nice but the advantages it has don't out way the advantages of the of the HC surely, but I guess a lot would say it does

yeah, the grooved muzzle catch just looks cheap. It is lighter than the HC version though.

The full length barrel will fit inside the HC shroud I believe, best if both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    The full length barrel will fit inside the HC shroud I believe, best if both worlds.
    yeah, the actual barrel length diff is under 3"
    Will be a bit noisier though...