Thread: Any advice on an IGI 203 .177 Air Pistol

Any advice on an IGI 203 .177 Air Pistol

I have an IGI 203 .177 Air Pistol which I have not used for at least 30 years I would like to sell.

Would anyone have any idea of how much it would be worth? Any advice would be appreciated.

I have no place to use it or try it out so I'm going to be selling it as is.

I just got some really useful advice on an air rifle from forum members so I'm hoping someone has some advise on this too.

Here are some photos I have put on Imgur.

https://imgur.com/a/wgZaftf

Thanks in advance for any thoughts it's really appreciated.
    Last edited by contactzero; 02-12-2021 at 05:07 PM.

I have a soft spot for these and it is good that you have retained the box. Not everyone agrees though and you should see what Protek write about the ones they have for sale on their website! These were cheap and cheerful and I have owned several over the years. Value would be around the £50 mark.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I have a soft spot for these and it is good that you have retained the box. Not everyone agrees though and you should see what Protek write about the ones they have for sale on their website! These were cheap and cheerful and I have owned several over the years. Value would be around the £50 mark.

Kind regards,

John
    Thanks for your thoughts, I wasn't sure if I should have posted it in the air pistols sub forum which I only just noticed.

I will put an ad in the for sale section

Nigel

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Its a foreign Panther RO72!!!!
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Its a foreign Panther RO72!!!!
    Yes, I think so

A clever thing that IGI/Gun Toys did was to be able to sell these to different importers/retailers (eg Sussex Armoury) under their own brand just by printing a different cardboard sleeve for the box.

I guess it is worth £50, although these things are genuinely junk. I’ve had a few.

Thanks to good (by 70s standards) looks and marketing, they sold better than other guns that used similar low-cost manufacturing procedures but were better. Like the FB “Record” models 1, 2, 68.

FB vs “Panther” would be a worth-reading AGW article (hint).

[QUOTE=

FB vs “Panther” would be a worth-reading AGW article (hint).[/QUOTE]

Interesting test topic - a kind of blast from the past. I had a Record LP2 some years ago and while I don't recall selling it, I can't find it. I'll have another look one of these days.

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.