Thread: Bsa martini international mk1 lightweight info/advice please

Bsa martini international mk1 lightweight info/advice please

I've just taken in a very nice BSA Martini International MK1 Lightweight rifle all complete with P-Hale 25B rear sight and the correct ramped PH1 front sight with a barrel measuring 26 1/2". I was expecting a shot out gun which I was going to break for parts but my gut feeling is that this is a rare gun, firstly being a MK1 ( I've never come across a MK1 Before) and secondly being the Lightweight Model. I would like to hear from you Target/Competition guys in the know about these things as to whether my gut feeling is correct and that this is in fact quite a rare gun. Thanks...
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

I cannot answer your question but would suggest that this is the place to start :

www.rifleman.org.uk

I’m also unsure where it would be best to enquire. You could try the Stirton forum, lots of knowledgeable people there, but not necessarily about historic rifles. Full-Bore UK might be another place.

HTH
    Rutty

Thanks Rutty but the info I have already I got from The Rifleman, I'll try another forum as you suggest.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Uncommon might be a better word than rare. I've seen two or three MK2 lightweights against many many heavies. I've yet to handle a Mk 1 of either flavour. However I'm not sure whether that scarceness translates into greater value.