Thread: Kempton Photos 12 Dec 2021

Kempton Photos 12 Dec 2021

Peter and Liz Binfield, along with their excellent team have put on yet another great show. A huge thank you to you all.

I was a little preoccupied today, so I am very grateful to Chris Smith for borrowing my camera and taking a few snaps of the fair. Without Chris' kind offer, we would not have had any photos at all, so thank you Chris; it was very kind of you.

Link to pics below:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xmnMfBNpR5AiGvmAA

Thank you to all the BBS members that came along, had a chat and bought the new BSA book. I hope it meets your expectations and provides as much pleasure as the preparation gave me. I certainly learnt a lot about BSAs along the way! It was a pleasure meeting so many of you for the first time and to renew old acquaintances through a chat about old guns.

I'm delighted to say that the book sold exceedingly well and better than I dared expect. Having invested several thousand pounds into self publishing the book, I am very close to breaking even and still have lots of copies left for sale. Or rather Protek Supplies, Tim Dyson Airguns and JC Militaria have, as they will all be distributing the book on my behalf going forward.

Roll on the next fair.

Kind regards,

John Milewski
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Great pics. Thanks John and Chris.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi John, nice photos not quite as good as the usual. but a good stand in substitute all the same. l will be buying my copy of your book from Tim at the next Newark arms fair in January as l have already bought my Christmas present to myself. no surprise with the sales, l have a feeling you might have to print some more copies.

ATB
    Mick

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    I'm really glad your new publication has been well received John, and it was great to be able to collect my own signed copy from you in person. I've had to hand it straight over to my wife to be wrapped up as my Christmas present!
    Best wishes for the ongoing sales.
    Regards, Clogger

Quote Originally Posted by CLOGGER View Post
    I'm really glad your new publication has been well received John, and it was great to be able to collect my own signed copy from you in person. I've had to hand it straight over to my wife to be wrapped up as my Christmas present!
    Best wishes for the ongoing sales.
    Regards, Clogger
    It was pleasure meeting so many people from the BBS and to receive so many best wishes. A truly humbling experience.

I hope you enjoy the book when you open it over Christmas.

Thank you too Mick.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I am looking forward to be able to buy this book, being unemployed and short of money at the moment i am saving £5 every two weeks to get my copy i just hope they have not all sold by the time i have enough to buy it .