Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alros Trailsman 400 value, anyone?

Alros Trailsman 400 value, anyone?

Hello all,

I’m brand new, so please be gentle.

Cleaning out my grandads loft and happened upon an air gun wrapped up in a case. I’ve done some research and it’s an Alros Trailsman, with the big bottle. It’s got a scope, silencer, little 8 shot magazine thingy, and all made up it looks like quite the piece of equipment.

I don’t have a use for it - I’ve never been too into shooting stuff (sorry). Would anyone know if there’s a market for something like that? And how much to expect? I can’t see the sales section yet, so apologies if this is the wrong place!

Best,

Bread.

Depending on cosmetic condition and that it's all functional, anything from £200-400 (scope may or may not add value, depends what it is) and if it has the original roll-up carry case.

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Quote Originally Posted by Breadhead View Post
    Hello all,

I’m brand new, so please be gentle.

Cleaning out my grandads loft and happened upon an air gun wrapped up in a case. I’ve done some research and it’s an Alros Trailsman, with the big bottle. It’s got a scope, silencer, little 8 shot magazine thingy, and all made up it looks like quite the piece of equipment.

I don’t have a use for it - I’ve never been too into shooting stuff (sorry). Would anyone know if there’s a market for something like that? And how much to expect? I can’t see the sales section yet, so apologies if this is the wrong place!

Best,

Bread.
    Welcome to the forum Bread.

As regards to a market for the trailsman yes indeed there is always a market for anything that’s quite rare and certainly deemed collectable.

Whilst it’s not IMHO a holy grail type setup I’m sure there are still plenty of collectors that like the lesser known non mainstream pre charged pneumatic airguns.

As regards to pricing I can’t really help as it would simply be a search for any past sales adverts although Chris’s advice above sounds about right going on some past sales on a very quick search.

One thing to note with pcp’s though is without use and left in storage for sometime this can present sealing issues and usually a service/recommissioning would be in order although it’s not always the case.

Thanks for the replies, both. That’s really useful. Yeah it’s in an Alros fabric roll up case. I’ll get some pictures taken and shared but it looks in great nick.

Appreciate your help!

octopuss trailsman's go for about £400

Any update on photos please?

Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

welcome to the forum depending on condition 250 to 400

Photos of the Trailsman package : Scope is a Hawke 3-9 x 40 Sport HD

[IMG]Left Side Trailsman by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]Right Side Trailsman by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]Trailsman Bag by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]components by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]8 shot mag by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Are these photos of Breadheads Octoplus (on his behalf) or just photos of an Octo?

Atb
    Chris

Those are Breadheads photos of his gun - uploaded by me

Cheers, it's certainly a tidy gun, very nice to see.
    Hopefully the seals are all good (even if they aren't they're pretty straightforward to replace).
    Atb
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    Cheers, it's certainly a tidy gun, very nice to see.
    Hopefully the seals are all good (even if they aren't they're pretty straightforward to replace).
    Atb
    Chris
    i have the slim tube trailsman.i did completely strip and reseal it when i first got it.theres nothing in them that [seals apart] couldnt be remade in a few minutes on a lathe.the seals are all common sizes.these guns are made to last.its only the work of a few minutes to drill and tap the action for a non visible sear engagement grub screw to make the trigger sweet.
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Cheers for uploading those, Mark.

Grateful for everyone’s input here - will get a sales advert on. Just need to see who wins the F1 first!

Bread.

I would like to see pics of that modification please, if you can.

Atb
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    I would like to see pics of that modification please, if you can.

Atb
    Chris
    sorry Chris ,cant do that without stripping the gun.should i take it apart in the future i will post some photo's of the mod..
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!