Thread: 3D Printing F#%@*&%G B!@#$@%D!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm

3D Printing F#%@*&%G B!@#$@%D!

Jeez
    I've done some stuff in my time, but it must be easier to learn Mandarin Chinese than this...

When I'm stuck on stuff, I usually turn to Youtube for help. But if I ever saw one of these expert 3D geeks tubers in the pub, I'd wazz in their babycham.

They tell you loads without actually telling you anything of any use. Its just a platform for massaging egos. Twats.

Anyhoo
    Bout a month ago I picked up a Creallity Ender Pro off FB for a hundred quid. It came with half a dozen spools of filliment, so I thought I'd jump in and have a go
    How hard can it be?
    Started off well by downloading stuff off Thingiverse bung it on an SD card after squeezing it through a thing called a slicer and print..... So far so good

But yes, old OCD man got bored of that PDQ. "I'll make up my own stuff".....Righto

I tried everybit of 3D CAD software and got nowhere. The last bit I tried was Tinkercad. Couldnt get on with that neither, till I watched a tutorial.

Back in 1995 I did an ACCESS course to get to Uni as a mature student, one of the courses was Coreldraw. I had this program on an old 386 machine and wanted to use it, so off we went.

So it turns out that I actually knew how to use Tinkercad from summut I did 25 years ago.

Artemis CP1 stock in the making. It has to be made in 10 bits to fit the printers.

Last edited by Neil.; 02-12-2021 at 02:25 PM.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut