Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3D Printing F#%@*&%G B!@#$@%D!

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Practice at it Neil.......here is one a guy called Bob Pattenden on facebook made for my PP750.....

Cheers.

Roy.
    Wowser!!!!

<scuttles off to shed>
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

If you have a glass bed try ABS slurry to get it to stick. I had better results with that then Elmers or tape.
    Just dissolve some of the waste bits of support in a jar of acetone and wipe it on the plate before printing. Also gives a very flat smooth bottom surface.

Usual issue with 3D printing though, there is no answer global answer it's whatever works for you... and usually takes ages to figure out.

if filament printing then environment also needs to be taken into account ie have it in a case (I used a piece of ikea cupboard with a glass front) and unless you have a big printer sometimes its best to come at it from a different direction and use carbon fibre rod for intersections rather than trying to print multiple pieces

It does take time to get right but is rewarding when you do (so I have heard) I have just got a resin printer and that gives amazing quality but also presents it's own problems

The Ender 3 Pro is a very good printer - I've had mine for a couple of years and it's been faultless.
    Best tip I can give is that when the nozzle blocks up, don't bother poking at it with the cleaning tool. Take it out and hit it with a Mapp gass torch until it's glowing yellow. Then let it cool and refit. That treatment will burn away all traces of the filament and it will perform like new.
    Second best tip, after printing, wait for the nozzle to cool down to below 50C before turning off.
    Oh and filament can be very variable, I've had different batches of the exact same filament behave very differently, one of them was just crap and kept blocking the nozzle - don't bother fighting it, just ditch it and get a different filament.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    The Ender 3 Pro is a very good printer - I've had mine for a couple of years and it's been faultless.
    Best tip I can give is that when the nozzle blocks up, don't bother poking at it with the cleaning tool. Take it out and hit it with a Mapp gass torch until it's glowing yellow. Then let it cool and refit. That treatment will burn away all traces of the filament and it will perform like new.
    Second best tip, after printing, wait for the nozzle to cool down to below 50C before turning off.
    Oh and filament can be very variable, I've had different batches of the exact same filament behave very differently, one of them was just crap and kept blocking the nozzle - don't bother fighting it, just ditch it and get a different filament.
    Yes... I know that NOW!!!!!! You could have said 2 weeks ago!

Joking aside, this is the sort of advice I wished I'd got from day one!

Thumbs up

Looks pretty decent that does for a first crack at it.
    I had one of Bob patenden's for a pp750 that my brother claimed a few years ago for he's birthday

Dont laugh.....

Ive got a trapped nerve in my neck, so I've been faffing about with Tinkercad, as I can barely move.

Its not what I need, its too clunky and restrictive. I may have to bite the bullet and go with Autocad....

try freecad, takes some getting used to, but lots of support

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by GB2017 View Post
    try freecad, takes some getting used to, but lots of support
    I tried that a while ago, and whilst initially tough, once over that initial "hill" and you understand it, it's all good...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    Try Rhino3D. I first used it when working as a boatbuilder, it's brilliant for drawing curved "organic" objects.

Neil, I'm hoping you can advise me here. Paddy has requested a 'cooling fan for his JG Aurora A5 3D printer' for Christmas this year... I much prefer it when he asks for vehicle/shooting accessories, because I have at least some knowledge about those! Do you know if there are different types/qualities of cooling fan for the aforementioned 3D printer please? I'll never hear the last of it if I send him an inferior one! 🙉 🤯 🤣

Hope your neck's a bit better now. 🦒
    E. 😊
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    Neil, I'm hoping you can advise me here. Paddy has requested a 'cooling fan for his JG Aurora A5 3D printer' for Christmas this year... I much prefer it when he asks for vehicle/shooting accessories, because I have at least some knowledge about those! Do you know if there are different types/qualities of cooling fan for the aforementioned 3D printer please? I'll never hear the last of it if I send him an inferior one! 🙉 🤯 🤣

Hope your neck's a bit better now. 🦒
    E. 😊
    I assume hes on about an extuder fan (hotend)?

Wink

hi neil if u get bored can u do me a stl single shot for a hw100

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    I assume hes on about an extuder fan (hotend)?
    No idea, I've given you as much information as he gave me! I have asked him for more info, but he's yet to reply. He'll probably get back to us sometime next week.
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    No idea, I've given you as much information as he gave me! I have asked him for more info, but he's yet to reply. He'll probably get back to us sometime next week.
    While I was looking for a fan, I saw this. Its a cooling shroud for his extruder. Printed it off in Carbon Fibre. The quality is great!!