Thread: Prewar Junior mainspring different to postwar?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by watchsapart View Post
    Got a sweet prewar tin grip junior in a job lot. I changed the main spring and now it won’t cock?
    I dimly remember the prewar springs are different to the postwar? Am I right? Feels over sprung.
    Cheers Paul
    Hi Paul,

There was a difference between prewar Senior springs but not the Junior as far as I know.

Are you sure you replaced the spring with a correct one?

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

The Protek W37p spring is ok in a Junior, I've used a few of them without problems. If you have used the W25p normal Webley pistol spring, it will lock solid before the piston bent reaches the sear

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    I bought a Junior spring from fleabay a couple of years back, it was a gold looking finished in a red and clear pack, when I fitted it it was coil bound so I lopped a few coils off which got it cocking but it felt horrible in all aspects,I hoped it would settle in but after about x50 shots I gave up as it was clear it would never settle down to how these old Juniors should feel. I took it out,binned it and managed to eventually find a new old stock version which was fantastic without any modification.