Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chronographs

I currently use the F1 which keeps soldiering on, but my next one will be the Skan.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Well I'll be sticking with my Pro-Chrono V frame always works & so far despite more than a dozen scars nothing has actually penetrated

Chrono

Skan for me too

I sorta rented mine once every 18 months or so it had to go off to be fixed .....

ora

Combro still making chronographs? Or struggling with supply chain issues?

I've got an lmbr and the fx, both very good, but I don't use them down range

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManDan View Post
    Combro still making chronographs? Or struggling with supply chain issues?
    Robin deregisterd from paying vat then decide to re register but he was having a fight with HMRC. Plus he was awaiting parts.

He is a member on here. Robin Hewitt is his username.

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Mark, Combro service is outstanding (speak from 3 times personal knowledge . The latest was about 6 months ago...)

I bought a chrony, it's very good but just gives you velocity- you have to do the rest. Okay downrange but the fiddle of setting up so you get a shot in the right place will send you to an asylum

So as long as it's working I always use the combro!

Hope all is well long time no see.
    Hi old chum! Hope you're doing well down in the countryside. By Chrony do you mean the LMBR2? You're quite right about the Combros they are great, but another thing I don't like about them is having to elastic band the thing onto the end of the barrel. It works well with my HW100 but is a pita for the HW97 ...
    Mark

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by throdgrain View Post
    Hi old chum! Hope you're doing well down in the countryside. By Chrony do you mean the LMBR2? You're quite right about the Combros they are great, but another thing I don't like about them is having to elastic band the thing onto the end of the barrel. It works well with my HW100 but is a pita for the HW97 ...
    All well down here in the Duchy thanks!

Combro's and break barrels are problematic. That's when I shot mine (twice ) The problem occurs when you close the barrel... Don't ask me how I know
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Hi All

Well, I reckon it's horses for courses. I have a SKAN, Chrony F1 and a Combro of which the F1 and Combro are the workhorses selected for ease of use in the application at hand! The Skan is used as a useful cross check but can only really be used close to the muzzle and with care.

The F1 is the main workhorse for MV measurements and string comparisons for MV consistency tests and pellet comparisons and can be used downrange (although not too far) and with my home built illumination source mounted on the sky screens; is readily usable under fluorescent lighting. This has worked well for over 12 years with only one pellet impact incident (which was non-fatal!).

The Combro is barrel mounted but using a special adaptor made to support the Combro through the sensor shield mouldings and attach to the muzzle via a standard screw thread interface for which individual special adaptors can be made for each special (non-screw-cut) barrels. This grew out of the requirement to measure both pellet exit times AND MV for the same shot whilst undertaking rifle dynamics experiments and Robin was kind enough to suggest to me the optimum take off point for the first sensor signal (the only supplier prepared to do this so a big thank you for that as it saved me the task of reverse engineering the unit(s) to determine the tap off point myself!). This has worked happily for about 10 years and ever so many tests without incident. Before this, a separate "light gate" was used for exit detection and the F1 for MV!

See here for pics on a HW95:-

http://freepdfhosting.com/7823e10db4.pdf

It's all great fun isn't it!

atvb and stay safe and well.
    David
    Last edited by TopDog; 07-12-2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: spelling
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!