Thread: Falcon .177 blockage

Falcon .177 blockage

Hi. I am new to this forum. I have a Falcon FN12 lIGHT (I think). It has a multi shot cartridge its blocked with pellets and I can't get the silencer off to rod it. Ive unscrewed the 3 grub screws but won't pull off. Thoughts on how to unblock

if you've removed the three screws it will pull off you may have to be more assertive unless a numpty has bonded it on
    if you're going to rod from the muzzle just do it through the silencer

Can you get the magazine out?
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

If numpty has glued it in, use a hot air gun not a flame torch. Watch out for plastic parts.

if you warm it stripping the baffles out would be best which is easy to do as they come out of the front
    try not to damage them as it's hard to replace them ,pre plandemic i was sorting out to have some made but never got chance

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    if you've removed the three screws it will pull off you may have to be more assertive unless a numpty has bonded it on
    if you're going to rod from the muzzle just do it through the silencer
    Thank you. I did as you said and rodded the pellet down to the barrel just beyond the mag where the barrel joins and its firmly stuck there Ive rodded pretty hard and just worried the rod is catching on the sleeve or should I go harder. Might need to take it in somewhere

I have a 4mm Rod with a screw on the end. I can screw this into the pellets and pull them out one at a time.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

i'd take the barrel and breech off in that case and try pushing out from the breech to avoid damaging the breech seal

my sister said her bsa s10 wasn't firing the pellets, so i looked at it and there were pellets stuck in the breech,i used a large welding rod down the barrel and gently tapped it with a hammer ,in the end 10 pellets came out.
    rapid 7 mk2 .22/btas 30ftlbs fac./fx verminator 177
    rapid 17 mk1 regged(by ben taylor)in mk2 stock
    savage hmr and dm80 mod/ crickett .22

To have got into that position, it is likely to have been double or treble loaded and/or, the pressure in the guns cylinder was too low to get a pellet out and whammo, 10 pellets get stuffed.

So get disciplined re loading. Some guns the action of loading has to be firm/positive. Make sure you refill well before the pressure drops off. I count mags used. Before it got ratworked (tuned) I could get 5 mags through and you could hear the sound of the gun firing change

I keep a .177 rod in my bag in case I get a jam out hunting. In reality, it sees more action with an HMR rimfire as you get an occassional squib round. Clearly, sending a 2nd round up is a bit more - dynamic - than lead pellets chasing each other
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

How many shots did you take before you realised that you had run out of air? Ive only managed 3 myself before I realised.

Seen this many times and I have a brass rod for the bad ones. The worst one was my late father in law almost completely filled the barrel of a Ratcatcher, he wasn't very mechanical bless him.

The screw on a rod works as mentioned with some patience, and no reason at all to take the silencer off if it is stuck on. Good luck and just take your time.
    BASC