Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, reducing size of lead balls

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post
    Ped,

If the .24 lead ball shooter is the so called (.25 calibre) Apache, you need No. 4 buckshot if you can get hold of them.

Cheers

Lawrie
    it is Lawrie i do have a few and can get no4 buckshot from a mate in the US but post would be a bit dear and with how the world is going anti gun i decided not to get some shipped
    i did look briefly in the UK but didn't see any in small numbers so i'm going to get a mold and cast my own .25's as i have a Daq smoove bore barrel that will use them and i figured to reduce some to .24 to see how they go
    i need to fix the Apache as the valve nut thread in the cylinder is nearly stripped so my plan is to make a tap oversize to recut the threads then make a new retainer

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    it is Lawrie i do have a few and can get no4 buckshot from a mate in the US but post would be a bit dear and with how the world is going anti gun i decided not to get some shipped
    i did look briefly in the UK but didn't see any in small numbers so i'm going to get a mold and cast my own .25's as i have a Daq smoove bore barrel that will use them and i figured to reduce some to .24 to see how they go
    i need to fix the Apache as the valve nut thread in the cylinder is nearly stripped so my plan is to make a tap oversize to recut the threads then make a new retainer
    Hi Ped,

I get lead balls from a company here called "Clay and Game", they do quite a selection of lead shot, you do have to order min. 5 kg, last time I bought 4.5 lead balls which would have cost me approx. 4 times more if I bought the Gamo type, They have No 4 shot, but I don't know if that is the same as No. 4 buckshot, worth a look.

Cheers,

Lawrie.

cheers Lawrie i'll have a look for them