Thread: Love/hate relationship with Weihrauch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    I like my 98, twangs like good un.
    Needs new guide.
    Must admit Neil, I do have a soft spot for the 98

Strangely many a previous Herman springer that twanged like a banjo actually shot rather really nice

Maybe the twang just adds character

I’m a big fan of Weihrauch’s had a 97K for over a decade now. Had it tuned about 5 years ago which improved accuracy a tad and damped the twanging.

I’ve had HW35’s as a lad, 77’s, but the 97k is a solid stalwart for me and as you say the cream of the crop.

Stop being nasty, Nick.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Stop being nasty, Nick.
    Good to be back Tone

Meh you know I love the good old wineracks really

but I do get fed up with the sun shines out there bleeding backsides when in my experiences it ruddy well doesn’t

Take all the shit off and just focus on the barrel and action.

This is not typical.

Mine is rock solid.

As I say, try and see if another hw100 user is willong to switch amd assess if the problem moves with the barrel or stays with the action
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Take all the shit off and just focus on the barrel and action.

This is not typical.

Mine is rock solid.

As I say, try and see if another hw100 user is willong to switch amd assess if the problem moves with the barrel or stays with the action
    Will do Steyr,

It’s in for a weekend of fettling, so I’ll go through it all with a fine tooth comb.

As I mentioned earlier though the many others including tuners and engineers have gone down the extra support route hence it can’t be the only 100 out there that’s felt to have needed some extra belt and braces.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Will do Steyr,

It’s in for a weekend of fettling, so I’ll go through it all with a fine tooth comb.

As I mentioned earlier though the many others including tuners and engineers have gone down the extra support route hence it can’t be the only 100 out there that’s felt to have needed some extra belt and braces.
    True but as I have shot with many 100 users over the years I have never come across a real life 100 user with this issue.

Tuners whole reason to exist is to improve stuff, even if it aint necessarily broke. So just coz someone says its so doesnt mean it is.

Ask different engineers for a solution and you can pretty much guarantee that they will go different routes. So one engineer saying you need another grub screw or 2 doesnt mean you do. That said, if something is out of whack, then this might be a viable fix. To answer that, you need to know what the problem is.

Out of thousands of rifles made, of course there will be some that dont make tolerance or have an issue. Its the nature of the game.

Doesnt mean you have to accept it or do nothing about it or apply the correct solution

My daystate was a bitch for jamming. They knew they had a problem, tried a patch solution which didnt help then engineered the fault out.

Regs on a lot of AA pro/target rifles were shite.

FX Impact Mk1s were justifiably slagged coz bean counters forced it to market too early.

BSA R10 Mk 1s were shite.... mk2s generally sorted. Even then, John Bowkett got many back to blue print... mental.

AirArms still cant screw cut a barrel...... and use shitty grub screws..... etc. etc. etc.

Bigger picture. Just coz you got a wobbly one doesnt mean its a huge issue coz it isnt.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    True but as I have shot with many 100 users over the years I have never come across a real life 100 user with this issue.

Tuners whole reason to exist is to improve stuff, even if it aint necessarily broke. So just coz someone says its so doesnt mean it is.

Ask different engineers for a solution and you can pretty much guarantee that they will go different routes. So one engineer saying you need another grub screw or 2 doesnt mean you do. That said, if something is out of whack, then this might be a viable fix. To answer that, you need to know what the problem is.

Out of thousands of rifles made, of course there will be some that dont make tolerance or have an issue. Its the nature of the game.

Doesnt mean you have to accept it or do nothing about it or apply the correct solution

My daystate was a bitch for jamming. They knew they had a problem, tried a patch solution which didnt help then engineered the fault out.

Regs on a lot of AA pro/target rifles were shite.

FX Impact Mk1s were justifiably slagged coz bean counters forced it to market too early.

BSA R10 Mk 1s were shite.... mk2s generally sorted. Even then, John Bowkett got many back to blue print... mental.

AirArms still cant screw cut a barrel...... and use shitty grub screws..... etc. etc. etc.

Bigger picture. Just coz you got a wobbly one doesnt mean its a huge issue coz it isnt.
    Appreciate all that Steyr,

Yes many many setups do have flaws and the like.

Been there got the T-shirt with many of them.

Ironically though I was well aware of the spinning barrel and the known barrel band floating issues on 100’s but until recently I didn’t actually know tuners and engineers had actually done the extra grub screw breech block modifications etc.

The 100 has always been a rifle I’ve not paid that much attention to.

As I mentioned though those pcps with barrel band supports have never really appealed as I prefer a full on floated very secure barrel which might also be a contributor as to what I expect and perceive how secure a barrel should be etc.