Cor Weihrauchs really do my nut in

Don’t want to be outright negative so it’s very much love/hate am I alone is this thought process or anyone else suffering weihrauchitus

For eg.

Springers:

HW30 obviously love the trigger (rekord versions), love the sweet shooting experience but my god is the rifle flawed and riddled with the usual hateful niggles.

HW99s pretty much as above

HW95 on paper pretty much perfect obvious love for the trigger etc but my god what a hateful shooting experience the most annoying springer to get a nice shot cycle with especially calming that well known hold sensitivity for the sub 12 boys & girls.

HW80 the Daddy much love in every aspect however as we all know sub 12 it’s such a waste of ooomph and being on tick over with that lethargic shot cycle is boring as heck like having a car constantly in limp home mode.

HW77/97 probably IMO the cream of the crop not many negatives at all but usually a little tickle with some spit and polish is certainly needed for that out the box unfinished kick it out the door quick accountants examples

Now the elephant in the room my latest HW100

Owned loads of them but never really gelled no matter what guise be it 101 100 full length and karbine, fister or Sporter variants.

I love many other aspects though like the trigger, mag system and side lever etc.

After some tinkering, I’m even starting to like the split block and the internals setup but my biggest gripe is that barrel security.

Now I’m from the oldschool thought process of a fully floating barrel should be absolutely pukka eg you could do chin ups on a rapid barrel but my oh my I have zero confidence doing the usual floating the barrel stuff on a 100 without beefing up the breech block area eg modification required with additional grub screws through the top.

Yes I know it’s controversial but I know plenty of tuners who agree with that method.

Meh……feel a tad better now so I’ll end on a positive my biggest love though for Weihrauchs is certainly the spares availability for sure even the 100 is so easy with every part available if ever needed not to mention so many after market suppliers now that is probably the biggest positive going