Thread: Diana 240 v HW30

Diana 240 v HW30

I know the HW30 has a good following but I noticed on Macvoys that a new 240 can be had for £107!! They have the T05 trigger which is not as good as a Record but not that bad and I bet they don't gaul. Anyone any experience with a recent example?
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I know the HW30 has a good following but I noticed on Macvoys that a new 240 can be had for £107!! They have the T05 trigger which is not as good as a Record but not that bad and I bet they don't gaul. Anyone any experience with a recent example?
    To be honest max for £107 that sounds like quite a bargain.

Had a few of the bigger brothers (280) with the T06 trigger but not sure how the T05 compares

Hopefully some 240 owners can step forward with some input be nice to hear if it’s a worthy 30 challenger especially at its price point.

The two-forty is a Chinese rifle.

It may be quite good for all I know, but it is now made in China, unlike the older German-made 240 (see what they did there?).

The earlier 24s are lovely little rifles, especially the D with the T01 trigger.

Although some of the reviews do portray the Two Forty favourably, the origin mentioned above means it won't be making it onto any shopping list of mine.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I had a 240 Classic several years ago which was a mice little gun. It made around 5fpe so a bit behind the HW30 in that respect. The T05 set up was nicer in that gun than the bigger Dianas in my view. The gun was bone dry which was usually the case with new Dianas. Annoying but usually an easy fix.
    As Geezer says above, the issue is whether the Chinese made Two Forty is as good. I have no idea if it is or even if it is the exact same gun but built in China.
    I would not completely discount buying one but, as Tony says, the Model 24's are very nice, and I would much rather keep an eye out for one of these and particularly an earlier one with 25mm internals and the ball sear trigger.