Thread: Webley Omega Scope mounts advice

Webley Omega Scope mounts advice

Are the rails narrower than on current Weihrauch and Air Arms rifles? Can't seem to find the Sportsmatch Op22C anywhere. Any alternatives?

Thanks

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    they come up secondhand.. I sold one recently. The crosspin recoil stud is handy too.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

They also make/made a 2-piece set for the FWB/Omega/Patriot, the TO3 Special. They work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    they come up secondhand.. I sold one recently. The crosspin recoil stud is handy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    They also make/made a 2-piece set for the FWB/Omega/Patriot, the TO3 Special. They work fine.
    Thanks, appreciated!

When I had an omega the scope stayed put in standard mounts without the crosspin, so do you really need one with the crosspin?
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Cheers geezer, ordered - Tasco 2-7 x 32 AG will be mounted soon!

Getting cheeky now - silencer advice!

Got it with original opens but any thoughts on a silencer for the carbine Omega?

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    When I had an omega the scope stayed put in standard mounts without the crosspin, so do you really need one with the crosspin?
    Rich
    I just couldn't get any of my Sportsmatch/BKL mounts to fit - the seemed too wide and canted to the left...made me thing it was a narrower dovetail

Quote Originally Posted by foby75 View Post
    I just couldn't get any of my Sportsmatch/BKL mounts to fit - the seemed too wide and canted to the left...made me thing it was a narrower dovetail
    I don't recall it being an issue with mine, however I should note that I fall firmly into the camp that a slightly canted/off-centre mount is not an issue on anything other than an aesthetic basis (and only then if you are really, really particular)
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)