Two months ago I sent my FX3 Stage pump to SGC for service. I checked this was OK and was told shop manager confirmed it was.

It turns out the engineer cannot take the pump apart, informing me FX have not supplied correct tools, and that when they have difficulties in Sweden like this they simply send out a replacement pump.

I have emails from FX in Sweden offering to help, but no progress, no pump, simply going round in circles.

So this seems a strange situation - and my question is this - FX pump spares are sold both retail and trade in UK, but it appears a 'secret' that really the pump is a sealed unit and cannot be serviced. So why sell spares - this seems ' misleading' under fit for purpose laws.

Despite years of positive experience with both SGC and FX it seems that in this instance they are simply passing the buck between themselves, SGC saying they have had no contact with FX, other bits of SGC having told me 'Sweden just send out a new pump if they can't get one to bits' -

So all those posts on here about Hills pump or FX - did I get it really really wrong - is it only Hills pumps that can actually be maintained ?

Any thoughts or experiences please _