Thread: webley eclipse

webley eclipse

what is a good price for a excellent condition webley eclipse mk2

i paid 250 for my last one in good condition

I’d say about 250 too, in my very amateur opinion.

Agree with the previous valuations.

You may be lucky enough to find one that has never had a scope mounted. Any Eclipse that has (which is the vast majority) will have some sort of witness marks in the dovetails on the cylinder, which stops them being an “excellent” example IMO. The aluminium was very easily damaged, if not from over tightening then from slippage.

Very nice things. I highly rate them and believe they’re Webley’s most underrated rifle.

Cheers
    Greg

yes that was the only thing that let them down

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    yes that was the only thing that let them down
    That and a rather inefficient but very safe direct breech loading mechanism.

The Eclipse’s problem was that the HW77 was a heavy target rifle - in that it rapidly became the FT rifle of choice. The Eclipse tried to be a lighter hunting rifle, but by the time it was introduced, hunters who wanted a modern underlever had got used to lugging around the weight of the 77 (esp the K).

Also the Eclipse, like all 80s Webleys, was priced higher than most of the competition.

I’ve never had one, but a Mk2 carbine would be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreg View Post
    Agree with the previous valuations.

You may be lucky enough to find one that has never had a scope mounted. Any Eclipse that has (which is the vast majority) will have some sort of witness marks in the dovetails on the cylinder, which stops them being an “excellent” example IMO. The aluminium was very easily damaged, if not from over tightening then from slippage.

Very nice things. I highly rate them and believe they’re Webley’s most underrated rifle.

Cheers
    Greg
    to be fair they have put on the add collectors piece, from the pictures which are good quality it looks immaculate bluing stock, open sights its priced at £325, i love my older guns, to think what i had in my early 20s, im now 46, i had the eclipse, bsa stutzen, theoben fenman with a venom stock, which i really regret selling, hw77, hw97, webley stingray carbine, tracker, sold them all, now i see them most immaculate at silly prices or rare noticed a stutzen few months back, boxed with receipt £800 looked like it had never been out of the box, makes me feel like crying lol, one i never had rapid 7, one day will find a cracker, most i come across are fac.

yes it looks lovely

I had one for a while. Very accurate, and had a nice trigger. The real issue was to me the time it took to load it. The amount of individual movements to have it loaded up was more akin to a flint lock muzzle loader! Just got annoying when having a good plinking session. Its stable mate the Omega was far more user friendly, faster, and handled even better.

Both fine rifle by all accounts, and worthy of any collection.

webley eclipse

The one i sold to a freind didn't have any damage to the rails as it had a quality one piece mount on the scope it came with, never overtightened. i had it apart to fit new breach seals & found it was probably sfs tuned too, he still has it would never part with it.

I know where there is a boxed one which was elaborated engraved by Webley and in the condition like it left the factory.I will get some pictures of it soon and will put them up.