Thread: Gun bag.

Gun bag.

Is it ok to store, place in gun cupboard, cabinet, your airgun in it's bag or should you 'let it breathe' ?

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Wipe it over with an oily rag first.

Quite a few of my guns are stored this way.
    Master Debater

Personally I wouldn't store in a bag / slip.
    I like to let them breathe
    B.A.S.C. member

For the last decade+ I've been living in a dampish bungalow, After use, my guns are left to air dry, wiped over with a silicone cloth, then an oily rag. Those that have slip cases are put in them. Those that don't are left out, but I keep a close eye on them. No great problems with either.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

i dont keep my guns in gun slips

My bag has a pocket for a VP90 sachet . It would do as it's a Napier gunbag.

My .22lr lives in the cabinet with no bag along with my shotgun. The HW80 lies next to the cabinet.

No kids here.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Personally I wouldn't store in a bag / slip.
    I like to let them breathe
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    For the last decade+ I've been living in a dampish bungalow,

ATB

Bru
    As Rob I prefer to let them breathe.

Allow me to recommend a Meaco DD8 desiccant dehumidifier, removes an amazing amount of water.

Some are in slips, some are in hard cases and some are in cabinets. Thing is all are dry, cleaned, oiled and checked regularly so not an issue.
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

I tend to get my guns out of the slips as soon as I get home and leave them in a heated room to warm up. If they have got wet they get stripped, dried and oiled. It's a PITA when im tired but worth the effort. As I have my safe in the unheated loft I keep all my guns in treated gun socks and have vp90 saches in the gun safe.

So far so good.

I need to put a humidity sensor in the safe and have considered some dessicant saches. Has anyone tried this?

I’ve had one in a zipped slip for 30+ years no pitting, rust or wood deterioration upon resurrection, so for me it’s been fine, to be honest though I was expecting the worst.

But would never store damp or wet.

Cheers
    Last edited by Joseyw; 04-12-2021 at 11:42 PM.

My 97 centenary as only been out of the box a couple of times in about 22 years, Only ever wiped over with an oily rag, Most of mine are stored in cases but are wiped over from time to time, The rest are in cabinets free standing, The room is in the center of the house so dry and warm.