Thread: BSA Airsporter

BSA Airsporter

Any recommendations for a replacement spring for a Mk6 .22 airsporter? It is in mint condition, new seal and buffer fitted. The Titan No1 is too long, but would fit if I could get it in (compressed length is OK), but would probably end up over sprung. I don't need power just a nice shot cycle.
    Best,

Clive

Hi Clive,

If you contact Protek Supplie in Bognor Regis, they should have some original Airsporter springs in stock.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Cool Airsporter tap problem

Quote Originally Posted by cloudr View Post
    Any recommendations for a replacement spring for a Mk6 .22 airsporter? It is in mint condition, new seal and buffer fitted. The Titan No1 is too long, but would fit if I could get it in (compressed length is OK), but would probably end up over sprung. I don't need power just a nice shot cycle.
    Hi just reading your question about spring replacement, I’ve worked on a few Airsporters and found it very frustrating, I’ve tried different springs, polishing pistons, and found the biggest problem is the parallel taps.
    The mk1 & 2 are fine but mk3 onwards it’s a engineering disaster, I was determined to fix the problem and have come up with the solution, I machined 2 groves in the tap and fitted 2 ‘O’-rings either side of the pellet hole. I can now decock the rifle with the tap in the open position and it holds the pressure, now all the power is delivered to the pellet.

Get the original bsa spec spring from John knibbs International I find they are the best solution

Dave.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    If you're able to shorten the Titan spring then do that, just need to redo the end of the spring.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

BSA Airsporter

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerGeoff View Post
    Hi just reading your question about spring replacement, I’ve worked on a few Airsporters and found it very frustrating, I’ve tried different springs, polishing pistons, and found the biggest problem is the parallel taps.
    The mk1 & 2 are fine but mk3 onwards it’s a engineering disaster, I was determined to fix the problem and have come up with the solution, I machined 2 groves in the tap and fitted 2 ‘O’-rings either side of the pellet hole. I can now decock the rifle with the tap in the open position and it holds the pressure, now all the power is delivered to the pellet.
    exellent solution geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Clive,

If you contact Protek Supplie in Bognor Regis, they should have some original Airsporter springs in stock.

Kind regards,

John
    I bought one off them they are great

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    Get the original bsa spec spring from John knibbs International I find they are the best solution

Dave.

When I got one off knibbs it had a greater pitch between the coils than the originals. Looked more like a titan no.1 without the black coating to me and as knibbs make them too it wouldn't surprise. I would be interested to know where you could buy propper original spec Airsporter and supersport springs.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Standard spring from Protek.