Thread: Pumper reseal issue

Pumper reseal issue

Hi,
    About a year ago I bought this Japanese pumper from this forum. A week ago I picked it up during my visit to England (which was fantastic!).
    It's a special gun, not sure which brand, but well made. Clearly inspired by Sheridan/Benjamin.

There are a few interesting details that I came across during the resealing process:

- O-ring groove in the pump head. Probably this was a solution to a non sealing pump head? Don't think this is original. But with a new o-ring, it works very well.
    I am getting 600 ft/s with 15.89 gr JSB (not a problem in Holland; 12.9 ft/lbs).

- There is a notch on the left side, to align the brass valve part.
    There was an o-ring that fitted in this notch. I cannot get in back in place though; when I try to turn the valve nut back on, the threads of the nut don't reach the threads of the action. I wondered if somebody knows a solution to this? Now there is a significant blast of air coming through the notch, via the trigger, on my hand. The gun is consistent, but it's a waste of air and it doesn't feel right.

The valve internals; very similar to Sheridan

Must send the valve stem to Lawrie. I am now using a polyurethane seal from a Sheridan check valve. It works, but the fit isn't tight enough.

The gun:

try a lead seal from Sheridan

I'm pleased to hear you had a nice time ovr here, on your next visit, time it so you can come to Kempton Park Arms Fair

I remember that air rifle popping up on here on a what is it post, was it eventually confirmed to be by a Japanese Co. SKB or something like that? It's good it's gone to a Jap airgun enthusiast and your getting it working nicely. J

'I am getting 600 ft/s with 15.89 gr JSB (not a problem in Holland; 12.9 ft/lbs)'.

When people bring up the argument of why would you have a 80 year old pumper when you can have an old spring gun. Just look at the performance!

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    'I am getting 600 ft/s with 15.89 gr JSB (not a problem in Holland; 12.9 ft/lbs)'.

When people bring up the argument of why would you have a 80 year old pumper when you can have an old spring gun. Just look at the performance!
    It’s a very elegant looking thing too

Which is not to say that springers are not of course
    Morally flawed