Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KRAL air rifles - any good?

KRAL air rifles - any good?

Hi.
    I was thinking of getting a new air rifle on a budget and see that KRAL have a few to offer.
    The No.1 Walnut looks a nice rifle and good value.
    Before I decide to buy - has anyone got a Kral rifle?
    Are they any good? Do they have a good reputation?
    Any opinions or experience with them would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    BSA Ultra MMC .177, Gamo Coyote .177

Quote Originally Posted by adez View Post
    Hi.
    I was thinking of getting a new air rifle on a budget and see that KRAL have a few to offer.
    The No.1 Walnut looks a nice rifle and good value.
    Before I decide to buy - has anyone got a Kral rifle?
    Are they any good? Do they have a good reputation?
    Any opinions or experience with them would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    I had a bad do with a new np03 when they first came out it was back and forth being repaired it spent more time away than it did with me But there is loads of lads who love there ones they are a allot of gun for the money they might have ironed out the problems that i had

I’ve had both a NP02 and a NP03 with no issues whatsoever.
    Both were unregulated but still delivered a decent shot count .
    The Turkish walnut is really nice.
    Yes , they are budget , entry level PCPs but they perform as well as others that are three times the price.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I have a Webley En4cer. I hate the name with a passion, but in every other way it is a brilliant gun and exactly the same as a Kral Puncher Jumbo. I bought it for my pest control work when I couldn't justify buying a £1000 gun. Having owned it for a couple of years now, I find it handles and shoots just as well as my rapid and used it as my NV gun up until recently replacing it with a much lighter FX Dreamline Tactical GTI with racing stripes. Trigger is average, but not bad enough for me to want to tinker with. Shot count is massive and accuracy/consistency is surprisingly good straight out of the box.

Has anyone tried their springers at all???

i was toying with the idea of getting one

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    I've got 4

Every bit as accurate as the HW100
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    I've got 4

Every bit as accurate as the HW100
    Do they need much fettling out the box Neil?

I’ve heard and read so many horror stories with earlier barrels and crowning issues.

Chap at the club few years back had a NP something or other and grouped like a shotgun so got rid pronto.

As far as I’m aware some might need a damn good barrel clean and recrown but I’m sure I also heard Kral later addressed earlier issues with better later barrels but I really don’t know never owned one so wouldn’t like to speculate.

The one with the rear buddy bottle and left hand cocking (think it was pistol derived) looks interesting think I was going to get one and rob it for parts for a Frankenstein build

Consistency is a problem with kral pcp's you get good one's average one's and absolute crappers, ive lost count of how many I have recrowned and even had to rebarrel quite a few, you pays your money and takes a chance.

Dave.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    Consistency is a problem with kral pcp's you get good one's average one's and absolute crappers, ive lost count of how many I have recrowned and even had to rebarrel quite a few, you pays your money and takes a chance.

Dave.
    Yes, as usual with budget stuff, it's the QC that is saved upon/ missed out. However I would say the basic Kral design and build in those I've seen has been pretty good, but they have needed tuning, and this includes the somewhat crude methods by which they are reduced to 12 FP.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    I have the Puncher Maxi, Pro 500, HiCap and NP200

The Puncher and NP were bougt new.
    The NP shot like a dog. You could see when the pellets were loaded, they were lifting up at the back and going in at an angle. You could then feel the pellet scraping its way in. Pushing the pellet back out of the breech with a cleaning rod, revealed the head had a chunk missing from the bottom. I was clear that there was something wrong with the breech/crown. Indeed when it came back from a warranty repair, that was the case. I was'nt very impressed at all with this, but it was fixed with the minimum of fuss, so hey ho. If it was out of warranty, I'd have repaired it myself.

All shoot like demons now. Sure they could be smoother on loading, I take the point about the way they have had the power reduced, they are effectivly an FAC gun that has been crudley strangled. The magazines are shit, but I use a single shot adapter anyways.

But bearing in mind these are half the price of something like an R10 and HW100, they shoot exactly the same. IMHO they are better than the HW110, which is a prime example of reducing the cost of a gun by sacrificing design and build quality.

1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    I have the Puncher Maxi, Pro 500, HiCap and NP200

The Puncher and NP were bougt new.
    The NP shot like a dog. You could see when the pellets were loaded, they were lifting up at the back and going in at an angle. You could then feel the pellet scraping its way in. Pushing the pellet back out of the breech with a cleaning rod, revealed the head had a chunk missing from the bottom. I was clear that there was something wrong with the breech/crown. Indeed when it came back from a warranty repair, that was the case. I was'nt very impressed at all with this, but it was fixed with the minimum of fuss, so hey ho. If it was out of warranty, I'd have repaired it myself.

All shoot like demons now. Sure they could be smoother on loading, I take the point about the way they have had the power reduced, they are effectivly an FAC gun that has been crudley strangled. The magazines are shit, but I use a single shot adapter anyways.

But bearing in mind these are half the price of something like an R10 and HW100, they shoot exactly the same. IMHO they are better than the HW110, which is a prime example of reducing the cost of a gun by sacrificing design and build quality.

Fair do’s Neil

Re the 110 I’m still a tad on the fence had x4 of them and not had any single issues and in some design respects I actually think they are even better than the 100 but without wishing to derail the thread too much I’ll just say although plastic fantastic…cough I mean Ballistic grade polymer Glock style it doesn’t feel like it’s cheap and nasty maybe a tad cost effective in comparison although granted there are some iffy components

Hi I have a kral jumbo got as a project gun and the T hole stock is exerlent out of box hammer noisey shot count rubbish only 130 good then drpoed off but now sorted hammer and reg fitted 350 shots and shoots as good as any other gun so thay may need sorting

I own x2 Kral NP-02,s ,one in .177 and one in .22 cal both
    are great value for the money, they are accurate, handle well,
    reliable so far had them now for several months,,
    its down to how you find the handling, weight,
    if they fit you, any airgun needs to feel comfortable.
    I am happy with my Kral airguns.
    atb brian

Thanks for the Brian (and others). I gather that their PCP's are decent enough.
    I was looking at their springers TBH - the Kral Karbine .22 specifically as that's what I was toying with buying.
    I've never bought a new air rifle, always been on a tight budget (kids etc).
    I'm not sure whether to wait for a more well-known second hand springer in the sales forum - just isn't much in the £200 bracket.