Thread: Modern 4x32 offerings anything decent?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I picked up the Hawke Vantage PA. Nice looking scope and in isolation, it's clear and bright with quite a fine reticle. AO turns smoothly and evenly. Seems well made.

I waited until late afternoon and it did it performed well enough in the low light. I'll put it up against a couple of proven 4x32's tomorrow and see how it compares.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I picked up the Hawke Vantage PA. Nice looking scope and in isolation, it's clear and bright with quite a fine reticle. AO turns smoothly and evenly. Seems well made.

I waited until late afternoon and it did it performed well enough in the low light. I'll put it up against a couple of proven 4x32's tomorrow and see how it compares.
    I'm looking at buying a Vantage 4x32. How did you find it?

The best scopes I've had have been an old Japanese Nikko Silver Crown 4x32 (fine cross hair) and my current 1990s Nikko Platinum 4x32. For what I do - plinking out to 50 metres - I really don't need anything else. I just wish modern scopes were available with a gloss finish - chalk targets don't get spooked by reflections, unless I'm having a bad day and need an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
    I'm looking at buying a Vantage 4x32. How did you find it?
    I have several. One ao version, a number that I have re-focused for specific needs and one that I have left as is.

If you're really picky steer clear of the ready mount versions and you will be pleasantly surprised