Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modern 4x32 offerings anything decent?

I'm interested in the outcomes from this thread, as like the OP, I was looking for a useable 4x32 scope. Started with the acquisition of a cheap Crosman with a bundled 'Centerpoint' 4x32. Poor optics, but nice size, so a JSR offer on a BSA scope followed. It was an improvement, but still not there. I then came by an old Rhino, but sadly the ret had turned in the tube, but optics were nice (nice enough to get it repaired?). You then start scanning what's available at reasonable money and as stated, you're options are limited. My only fall back might be the Konus 2-7x32 scope, which from previous experience, I like a lot (as long as you like fine 30/30 ret's). The search continues and I'm awaiting delivery of a Tasco WC 4x32 BNiB (hopefully) mildot scope, that came via t'bay.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I'm interested in the outcomes from this thread, as like the OP, I was looking for a useable 4x32 scope. Started with the acquisition of a cheap Crosman with a bundled 'Centerpoint' 4x32. Poor optics, but nice size, so a JSR offer on a BSA scope followed. It was an improvement, but still not there. I then came by an old Rhino, but sadly the ret had turned in the tube, but optics were nice (nice enough to get it repaired?). You then start scanning what's available at reasonable money and as stated, you're options are limited. My only fall back might be the Konus 2-7x32 scope, which from previous experience, I like a lot (as long as you like fine 30/30 ret's). The search continues and I'm awaiting delivery of a Tasco WC 4x32 BNiB (hopefully) mildot scope, that came via t'bay.
    Hopefully we can get some ideas together on this thread buddy

Ok I’ve searched ‘4x32’

On

Eblag
    Amazon
    Optics warehouse
    Uttings
    Tactical scope
    JSR

Absolutely nothing stands out

Even searched my local RFD’s

Countryman of Derby
    Walkers of trowell
    Livens
    Melbourne gun

And yet again just pony offerings

Hmmm one thinks there’s a big gap in the market here

Old school I know, but the image through my "Hunter" 4x32 is crystal clear. Beautiful little scope.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Weihrauch do a nice one. Mil Dot, front PA and target turrets but try and get one!!! Mach 1.5
    I’m now searching overseas

This one Paul?

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...ducts_id/41706

Looks like SWS have quite a range of 4x32 offerings most look like rehashed renamed usual stuff.

However being a bling king mmm this Hubertus might be just the ticket

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...oducts_id/5342

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Old school I know, but the image through my "Hunter" 4x32 is crystal clear. Beautiful little scope.
    It’s a shame there’s nothing readily available off the shelf more modern Dave.

Had a bit of bad time with used scopes recently hence I’m a tad wary buying used now especially anything nostalgic as just don’t know how hard a previous life a scope might have had.

Cor ain’t half a head scratcher now searched other overseas places where I’ve ordered before eg DBS and Mundilar still nothing

It’s weird because as most know if you drop in to small zoom stuff eg AR 1-4zoom or even 1.5-5 type zooms it opens up 30mm tubed stuff I remember a little falcon 1.5-5x30 Menace that was awesome but I think now discontinued.

Trouble is for me anything zoom is a waste really as I would just leave it on x4 or x5 hence I don’t really want to see my barrel on 1.5 zoom

Well I’m running out of places to search now

Now added

Pellpax
    Sportsman Gun Centre
    Drapers
    Mcavoys
    The wolfman store

Still nothing really stands out.

Hmmm might just be as well to get a cheap £22 BSA offering from JSR although I hate putting BSA branded scopes on non BSA rifles

Meh……I’ll be keeping it on opens at this rate

I honestly don’t think I’ll find something that I’m looking for with 4x32 so it’s just a case of anything budget will suffice.

I might change track now and go the 30mm tubed little zoom offering instead eg 1-4x24 diamond range or similar etc.

Did consider the bug buster type 3-9x32 but I’ve never really liked them found them extremely eye relief fussy.

All good fun though it’s a shame I can’t find something I really want in 4x32 though
    Last edited by oldskoolzzz; 07-12-2021 at 12:29 PM.

When I was researching 4x32's not so long ago, I read that there was two BSA's priced similarly (I think one was the Essential and the other Sweet .22 or something) they were rated as being very good for the money but only one of them was able to be re-parallaxed.

The AGS 4x32 had a lot of fans and parallax was factory set at 35yards, I think.

The Konus 3-9x32PA that I have was £65, if memory serves. Good glass in my opinion but reticle very fine indeed. At least to my eyes anyway. Konus may do a fixed 4x32 but I'm not certain.

This leaves the Hawke Vantage, which you mentioned, and that is available as a PA as well.

One of the best 4x32's I have is an old Chinese made Tasco. Amazingly good and on a par with the various Japanese made 80's scopes that I have. Not all are like that though, some are a bit crap. I have a recent larger Tasco, model name escapes me but bought this year. If there is an 4x32 version of that, I wouldn't hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    When I was researching 4x32's not so long ago, I read that there was two BSA's priced similarly (I think one was the Essential and the other Sweet .22 or something) they were rated as being very good for the money but only one of them was able to be re-parallaxed.

The AGS 4x32 had a lot of fans and parallax was factory set at 35yards, I think.

The Konus 3-9x32PA that I have was £65, if memory serves. Good glass in my opinion but reticle very fine indeed. At least to my eyes anyway. Konus may do a fixed 4x32 but I'm not certain.

This leaves the Hawke Vantage, which you mentioned, and that is available as a PA as well.

One of the best 4x32's I have is an old Chinese made Tasco. Amazingly good and on a par with the various Japanese made 80's scopes that I have. Not all are like that though, some are a bit crap. I have a recent larger Tasco, model name escapes me but bought this year. If there is an 4x32 version of that, I wouldn't hesitate.
    Cheers Drew,

The Konus does interest me but I do remember seeing they weren’t really rated for anything higher than 7.5j on reverse recoil.

Yes I know that old chestnut of what’s actually shockproof and what’s actually reverse recoil proof as we know two very different things and the latter is not kind on any optics.

Ok granted it’s intended use on my 30STL isn’t kicking like a mule magnum style but being .177 it still does have the inherent fast snap shot cycle hence my request of something half decent that won’t bat an eyelid at a little recoil.

The BSA I had was the WR. I'm half tempted to try the EMD as it seems better spec'd. I just wonder if it can be re-parallaxed to 35yds (from 100). I've owned Konus 4x32's and like a mug sold them with rifles. They did both fixed parallax and PA versions and both had very good optics, though they were all etched 30/30 ret's. Just checked JSR and AGS no longer seem to have a 4x32

The Konus' are glass etched and I've no idea why a 7.5j limit is supposedly mentioned in regard to them. The AGS seem to be thinner on the ground now but Amazon list them, coming form JSR. Also here:

https://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/ags-...nts-8036-p.asp

If you can find a reasonably priced second hand one....

The Leupold FXii 4x33 is a lovely, lovely little scope. Fantastic glass, simple clear ret, very bright.

I have one standing by, just waiting for the funds for the right gun for it! It's such a nice scope that I will be looking for a gun for the scope, rather than the more usual looking for a scope for a gun.

But they are not cheap new, if you can find one.

I did the same search last year and didn't find anything. Its a shame nikon discontinued their 4x32, I imagine it would be one of the best quality ones out there. I think the vantage is probably the most readily available decentish thing available new but didn't entice me to buy.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    The BSA I had was the WR. I'm half tempted to try the EMD as it seems better spec'd. I just wonder if it can be re-parallaxed to 35yds (from 100). I've owned Konus 4x32's and like a mug sold them with rifles. They did both fixed parallax and PA versions and both had very good optics, though they were all etched 30/30 ret's. Just checked JSR and AGS no longer seem to have a 4x32
    Had a few BSA offerings the EMD isn’t too bad and the fast focus ocular looks far more modern.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    The Konus' are glass etched and I've no idea why a 7.5j limit is supposedly mentioned in regard to them. The AGS seem to be thinner on the ground now but Amazon list them, coming form JSR. Also here:

https://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/ags-...nts-8036-p.asp
    Yeah it’s an odd one about the 7.5j thing as at the time it did put me off trying one with that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    If you can find a reasonably priced second hand one....

The Leupold FXii 4x33 is a lovely, lovely little scope. Fantastic glass, simple clear ret, very bright.

I have one standing by, just waiting for the funds for the right gun for it! It's such a nice scope that I will be looking for a gun for the scope, rather than the more usual looking for a scope for a gun.

But they are not cheap new, if you can find one.
    Probably top of my list buddy but maybe far too juicy for my real world needs.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I did the same search last year and didn't find anything. Its a shame nikon discontinued their 4x32, I imagine it would be one of the best quality ones out there. I think the vantage is probably the most readily available decentish thing available new but didn't entice me to buy.
    Certainly is a shame Max,

A little Nikon 4x32 would probably be perfect

Still undecided on what to do at the minute might even go red dot or reflex instead

That’s another new thread though eg any decent red dots or reflex sights that won’t ping plastic everywhere with a little recoil

Might not be up to your standards but Nikko sterling do a 4x32 mountmaster, I've a 6-18x50 mountmaster that survived the recoil on an awful old hatsan 55 (not the one with the nice trigger) that would feel like it was shaking my teeth loose after a few shots, scope never moved, so it should live up to the recoil side of things. Mine is clear enough to use at the range out to 80 yards (since moved it onto my HW110).

This wasn't my first answer, first answer was just find a tasco AG!