Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Kit for TX200 SR.

Tuning Kit for TX200 SR.

Looking at getting a tuning kit for my .22 TX200 SR rifle. I've seen the Tinbum kits and heard of others like Welsh Willy, etc. Which kit would you recommend for the rifle and it's the MK1 version SR? I have bought a new spring for it as well as a seal even though it's currently shooting quite nicely but thought it best to have spares as I don't know how old the spring inside it is and thought best leave it as is until it starts firing badly. If I fitted a tuning kit would it be best to add the new spring or leave the old one in?
    Thanks.

If it's shooting nice, leave it. Atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    Ok Mick will do, thanks. Only thing that needs adjusting on it is the trigger as it's too light for my liking and I don't want to mess about with the 2 screws. I'll get it to someone who knows about them and get it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    They shoot nice out of the box, but the TBT short stroke kit is even nicer to shoot, for not a lot of money. It's my favourite gun of all time.
    And day by day and dauntingly, Our anger does increase. While you ruin us through ignorance,
    How can we keep our peace?

The Sr is already at 84 mm stroke, unless someone has robbed the piston !

My bad, missed the SR bit! Although I wasn't aware the stroke was any different on the SR.
    And day by day and dauntingly, Our anger does increase. While you ruin us through ignorance,
    How can we keep our peace?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The SR already has the right stroke, and the sled makes it very forgiving for recoil. Unless it is buzzy or twangy I would just give it a clean and relube

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    The SR already has the right stroke, and the sled makes it very forgiving for recoil. Unless it is buzzy or twangy I would just give it a clean and relube
    Thanks for the info, it is shooting nice but as said just need to sort the trigger as it's too light for my liking. I'll get it done by a shop near me.

Easy to work on the trigger,especially for a fella who takes reels apart I’ll email you a guide over kid

You can get a new guide made to fit your new spring, provided it's the correct spring for the gun. A new piston seal and new breech seals and you're 99% to a tuned gun. The trigger is easy, just remove the 2 fore end screws and the 1 screw ahead of the trigger guard and pull the action up out of the stock. The trigger guard stays on the action with the SR and can be a bit snug as it slides up through the stock. Once apart from the stock, look for a small grub screw that's just rearward of the bar with the 2 screws. It's at the rear bottom of the trigger chassis. Turning clockwise increases pull weight. Think it takes a 2.5 mm Allen. One last thing, the breech seal o rings also fit the front and rear studs that hold the sled on. They're buffers so the rail doesn't make metal to metal contact as it reaches it's limit of travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Easy to work on the trigger,especially for a fella who takes reels apart I’ll email you a guide over kid
    Cheers Gav, I'm confident with reels and find them dead easy to do even the 2 speed lever drags. However when it comes to rifles I'm a novice and don't like going in blind or tinkering unless shown what to do or have a guide like you're going to send me.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    One thing that is often overlooked with an SR is setting and maintaining the tension on the sled. Get rid of any nyloc nuts and buy a few aerotight nuts that are more forgiving of adjustment. Also, the sled system can hide a multitude of issues so think about locking the sled before any "tuning" so that you can feel any harsh recoil that may inadvertently be introduced. You might not feel it when shooting, but it will all be imposed on your scope. Personally, I would stick with the old spring and get a guide to fit unless there is a good reason not to.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Doobin View Post
    My bad, missed the SR bit! Although I wasn't aware the stroke was any different on the SR.
    The SR is a TX200 Mk1 or Mk2, both of which have the correct 84mm stroke, as stated. it was only the Mk3 that went to the excessively-long-for-12FP 98mm stroke.

One simple tune worth doing with the SR/MK1/Mk2 is to throw the piston weight away, replace with a delrin TH, and fit a slightly longer spring to compensate.

HTH - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    One thing that is often overlooked with an SR is setting and maintaining the tension on the sled. Get rid of any nyloc nuts and buy a few aerotight nuts that are more forgiving of adjustment. Also, the sled system can hide a multitude of issues so think about locking the sled before any "tuning" so that you can feel any harsh recoil that may inadvertently be introduced. You might not feel it when shooting, but it will all be imposed on your scope. Personally, I would stick with the old spring and get a guide to fit unless there is a good reason not to.
    The rifle was serviced after I got it off an old friend but not the trigger which is my fault. It slides lovely on sled and there's virtually no recoil. When it was serviced the guy who done it put a few pellets on top of the scope, on the stock and behind the action and shot a pellet from the rifle and they all stayed on with very little if any movement. It really is nice to shoot but I wouldn't like to spend a day hunting with it due to its weight. Once the trigger is sorted I'll be doing a bit more target practise with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    The SR is a TX200 Mk1 or Mk2, both of which have the correct 84mm stroke, as stated. it was only the Mk3 that went to the excessively-long-for-12FP 98mm stroke.

One simple tune worth doing with the SR/MK1/Mk2 is to throw the piston weight away, replace with a delrin TH, and fit a slightly longer spring to compensate.

HTH - JB
    Personally, I'd rather have the mk3 setup.
    Far easier to make a nice shooting rifle
    B.A.S.C. member