Thread: Valuation - Webley Platinum

Valuation - Webley Platinum

I've got a Webley Platinum 4-12x50 AO in my collection buy I'm unsure if I'm going to use it on a rifle or not. I may put it up for a swap but was wondering the value of it would be. It's in nice condition, no box or covers though

I sold a pristine 3-9x40PA Webley Platinum scope earlier this year for £65 posted if that helps?

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I agree with John for the 3-9x40 boxed, A little less for the 4-12x50 as not as desirable being a little bulky but still good scopes, Shouldnt think much less unboxed though boxed is nice.. Dont know why they are worth less than the Nikko stirlings platinums though, Any one any ideas why. Col

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    I agree with John for the 3-9x40 boxed, A little less for the 4-12x50 as not as desirable being a little bulky but still good scopes, Shouldnt think much less unboxed though boxed is nice.. Dont know why they are worth less than the Nikko stirlings platinums though, Any one any ideas why. Col
    Hi Col,

They are basically the same 'scope, as was another variation sold under the Parker Hale brand name. I guess brand names play a large part in desirability and the Webley name attracts a premium.

Nevertheless, these are good scopes and are sought after today.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Thanks John.. Only ever seen 1 or 2 Parker Hale ones but plenty Nikko and Webleys over the years.

Thank you for the replies. It sounds like I paid the going rate for it then. It's a bigger scope than I'd usually fit on my rifles but I grabbed while it was there. The same day I bought a Nikko Stirling Platinum 4-12x40 AO which I prefer so that will definitely be staying.

Webley

The Nikko and PH versions came in gloss black. The webley came in a Matt black hence the other two fetch a little more. The PH is the nicest of all 3 in my opinion but hard to find. Mach 1.5