Thread: Pcp air tank filling & testing

Pcp air tank filling & testing

I need to get my pcp air tank 5 year test done. But cannot find any local listings advertised. (the one local to me in letchworth. N/hertfordshire has now closed down )
    it would be really helpful if a list of approved dive shops/gun shops were available for the different areas in the uk. Where filling & testing can be done ??
    I am going to try to research aqua dive shops and gun shops over the coming months to see who will offer the full service testing & filling with some current pricing
    Last edited by metalmickey; 11-12-2021 at 07:05 PM.

I agree. Its actually very hard where I am to just get one filled.
    The guy I'm reluctant to go to in yeovil is now charging £10 to refill a 3ltr bottle, I'd hate to imagine what he'd want to charge for a retest (if he would do it). It's only been filled 3 times, as I've always used a pump, but had the bottle as back up if I was either in a rush or feeling ill.
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

im lucky in that way ive got 3 good gun shops close to me

You've got to look at a wider picture. Air bottles are used by all sorts. I can get my bottle filled really local, up to 300 bar, But they send it to Portsmouth for testing. Ask your local fire brigade station about it, for example.

Have you searched google for Dive Test Centres or Scuba test centres or Diving equipment test centres.

I know there is a national network and that the centres need to be affiliated / authorised by the organisation. They produce a list of authorised test centres and the services they can offer.

I went to a place not for from the Stansted junction on the M11 last time ... Planet Scuba Raynham Rd, Bishops Stortford.
    I need the next test in Aug 2022 but am not sure they are still there??/

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by metalmickey View Post
    i need to get my pcp air tank 5 year test done. But cannot find any local listings advertised. (the one local to me in letchworth. N/hertfordshire has now closed down )
    it would be really helpfull if a list of approved dive shops/gun shops were available for the different areas in the uk. Where filling & testing can be done ??
    If youre really stuck.. let me know im sure my chap does it inhouse,
    Il happly get it done for you, and can help to meet up mid way, and meet back to drop it off at the same meeting point.

Try diversity in pottersbar there is also a dive shop/ unit in Stevenage.
    Phone pottersbar first because he has variable opening times.
    Dave

thats a kind offer max

Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    I agree. Its actually very hard where I am to just get one filled.
    The guy I'm reluctant to go to in yeovil is now charging £10 to refill a 3ltr bottle, I'd hate to imagine what he'd want to charge for a retest (if he would do it). It's only been filled 3 times, as I've always used a pump, but had the bottle as back up if I was either in a rush or feeling ill.
    You've got best fittings in Gillingham, they do fills, but not testing. You have to phone first. Rog

Quote Originally Posted by Rog5 View Post
    You've got best fittings in Gillingham, they do fills, but not testing. You have to phone first. Rog
    You sure? I mot my bike next door and never seen the kit inside when I've had a chat
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    You sure? I mot my bike next door and never seen the kit inside when I've had a chat
    Yep, I shoot at Mendip shooting ground (they do fills as well ) chap I know lives in Frome, gets his filled at best fittings, you have to phone to book a time 01747312672. Rog

Quote Originally Posted by Rog5 View Post
    Yep, I shoot at Mendip shooting ground (they do fills as well ) chap I know lives in Frome, gets his filled at best fittings, you have to phone to book a time 01747312672. Rog
    Your a star 👍 I'll give em a buzz.
    I pop up Mendip every now and again, just to browse the selection with avalon, that's good to know as well

I use a fire extinguisher company
    https://www.thamesidefire.co.uk/
    Just coincidence that I use a similar name to them.
    Test is on the premises & they fill bottles. Have been using them for around 15 years.
    So do a search for local fire fighting type company