Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite gun that you have NOT owned??

Your favorite gun that you have NOT owned??

This thread inspired some thinking: https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...you-have-owned
    Its the dream of owning "just that perfect gun" that keeps many of us getting more airguns. There are a few guns that I know are good, but who hasn't turned up yet, or I was too stupid to buy them when they were available...

One of mine is the .177 BSA Hornet, which on paper seems to be just the gun I need for all my outdoor shooting.
    Sensible weight and size, regulated and supposedly accurate, and could be used for anything from plinking to BR shooting.

What is your favorite that you have NOT owned???
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    This thread inspired some thinking: https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...you-have-owned
    Its the dream of owning "just that perfect gun" that keeps many of us getting more airguns. There are a few guns that I know are good, but who hasn't turned up yet, or I was too stupid to buy them when they were available...

One of mine is the .177 BSA Hornet, which on paper seems to be just the gun I need for all my outdoor shooting.
    Sensible weight and size, regulated and supposedly accurate, and could be used for anything from plinking to BR shooting.

That's a long list I could go on for ever!
    Theoben slr88/98
    Venom/vmach 80/77 laza glide
    A Whiscomb
    That's just off the top of my head there will be many more!

Quote Originally Posted by Triggertime View Post
    Theoben slr88/98
    A Whiscomb
    Another question is, which qualities make the guns you "need" special?
    Too many airguns!

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    HW35 Export with a Super Moonlighter scope. I used to dream of one when I was a kid but never got to own one. I think if I did buy one I'd probably be disappointed, so I'll leave it as the dream.

Great choice regarding the Hornet.
    I have one in 177 carbine,but have fitted a Huma reg in my one.
    It’s my favourite pcp for sure.
    My ultimate gun would be a Venom Mach1,with a Venom Or V-Mach Cobra taking second place..
    Les..

Hmmm, I’m either covetless, or there are guns I have no awareness of, or I have the best gun on the market for me. Because no gun out there holds a mystical allure for me.

I have to get into the dream world to specify a gun of desire:
    1. The ‘something’, that heritage, that connection with the past and previous generations who have handled it that old guns like my 120+ yo BSAs have
    2. The ergonomics and looks of my Mk4is
    3. The stability in hold of my Pulsar
    4. The accuracy and precision of the Mk4is and Pulsar
    5. A lightness that makes carrying it unnoticeable, although general wisdom suggests this will adversely affect accuracy and precision
    6. A shot count that means I don’t need to refill during a session (someone will say “springer”!)

I’ve often thought of a Wildcat, but tellingly, despite many opportunities, I’ve always pulled away from buying one.

Daystate CRX for me. I have been lucky enough to try 2 of theses over the years. They are fab.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Airarms EV2 Mk4
    Kalibrgun Cricket. .177.
    Accuracy and build quality.
    Probably the only guns i would make an effort to own.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Triggertime View Post
    Theoben slr88/98
    A Whiscomb
    Basically the same list here, 88 rather than 98, and adding the Venom Mach1, the Venom BSF Bavaria, and an Airmasters FWB Sport. Also rather fancy a Theoben Grand Prix.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Id have the air cartridge AR15 that was made as a true semi automatic ( some fancy jiggery pokery to get a pressure pulse based ejection / bolt cycle to work)
    I think only one exists ..
    Full fat 12ft/lbs in semi auto ….as close S you will get to a real AR15 while running at air gun power.
    Gun control means using both hands.

ISP Spartan

Blimey this could be quite a list

I’m pretty fortunate to have tried most stuff over the last 30+ years covering quite a range of tasty pcp’s, many springers & many rammers.

I’ve probably forgot about half the stuff that’s passed through my mitts

But there’s still loads to go on my scratch the itch list

Still not done the bullpup route or the big pistol leshiy route

I’ve probably well and truly missed the boat now on a few very rose tinted desirables eg Pro Elite , Mk4 FWB Sport and a full on lazaglide fandango venom (had a basic trapshot 80) and there’s a few others that I wished I’d owned at the time like tasty venom webleys towards the end of there demise in the early noughties although I had a brief Brumbow experience I didn’t actually think it was that special but I can’t really think of something that would be a favourite that I’ve not owned.

Something strikes me though and that’s current new stuff on offer, if I had a huge pile of wonga (which I don’t) to blow on whatever I wanted brand spanking new I’m not sure there’s actually anything that really really stands out

I’m at the stage where I’m far too picky and cynical on new stuff from crazy overpriced stuff to missing certain tick boxes and having too many compromises.

As much as I’d like to support manufactures with buying new it’s hard to justify when the older stuff still does the same if not a better job especially when VFM comes into play.

Would love a LAISAR12, but only 6 were made and I have never seen one come up for sale…
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I think it's got to be a Venom Sidewinder compact which I luckily managed to have a few shots with one at the bash thanks to Les.

And a Diana 34 120th anniversary edition.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Venom Vantage 80

Zephyr 77

Either, not fussy
    BSA Meteor .22 - the mans calibre