Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite gun that you have NOT owned??

id like to add to my earlier post a Ripley ar5s, i did enquire recently about having one made but the 9+ month waiting time put me off
    BSA SUPERSPORT .22
    Ripley ar5s .177
    Steyr challenge hft 177 SYWELL FT CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Brocock safari.
    Always liked the look.
    I used to lust for the Brockock rifles back in the day, had a copy of Airgun Wolrd that had ads for them.
    Did they perform well?
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    yeah I had an early "Ensign Elite " and later a PH Midland conversion Saxby and Palmer Great guns especially the "Ensign " which was really accurate
    I had an Elite/Galaxy, a Royale, two Heralds and a No4 LE. Honestly, they were fun and cool, but not very good at all.

Despite the U.K. ban, they remain legal almost everywhere else, but no-one has picked up the air cartridge concept and run with it in the last twenty or more years. I think that says something.

Whiscombe jw60

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I had an Elite/Galaxy, a Royale, two Heralds and a No4 LE. Honestly, they were fun and cool, but not very good at all.

Despite the U.K. ban, they remain legal almost everywhere else, but no-one has picked up the air cartridge concept and run with it in the last twenty or more years. I think that says something.
    yes I will agree that the Herald was only good for show My ensign was one of the most accurate guns I ever owned even the pump worked whereas the herald pump and cartridges were crap
    Interestingly I left one on a hay bale once and when the farmer gave it me back it had changed colour with the weather !! Still worked ok though although I cant remember if it had any air in it

Zephyr 77
    Nearly bought one on a couple of occasions but they never worked out, maybe next time

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    So, what was up with the original Hornet regulator?
    Hi Evert
    It started to be very inconsistent after 20 shots fired from a full 220 bar fill.
    It probably needed the original regulator to be re serviced.
    The replacement Huma regulator is much better regarding shot count 80+ shots and consistency.
    Les..

There have been three further companies produce Aircartridge rifles, two Americans and one German, just not public knowledge in the UK....

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Brocock safari.
    Always liked the look.
    I had a hold of one of these years back after it was handed in to be destroyed, it looked and felt the business but I never got to fire it as the firing pin was broken due to being fired too many times with no cart fitted.
    I did get the stock off the RFD after the action was scrapped, always thought I'd inlet it for something but it's still sat in storage.

I always wanted a Steyr Auto 5 but never got around to buying one... another fancy was the FX Monsoon SA, shame they were never allowed in the UK.

Venom Mach 1.
    Venom Mach 2.
    Venom Varminter '80.....er, hang on, a few more Venoms, too.

WBPS Marauder 335

Anschutz 335

Anschutz 250

Webley Premier.

Walther LP53.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

theoben slr88

Fancied a Brocock revolver bitd. Not possible now. Most of my other choices are still possible, if finances improve.
    Webley Service Mk 2. With all barrels.
    Webley Falcon 177.
    Early SuperTarget.
    On the BSA front, Decent MK 1/2 AirSporter in both 177 & 22..
    Mercury in both.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    I have (on ticket) a nice brocock safari with a case hardened finish to the action.
    I had a single shot one as well but that was sold before they became sec5.1
    The feed from the magazine needs a bit of work to allow smooth cycling as the nose of the ‘round’ has a couple of steps which can catch on the feed ramp. Power is perfectly adequate for hunting as long as you care for your carts so they are reliable.
    On the pistol side a Beretta 92 chambered for 7.92mm crown tacs. The round is the size of a .45acp and cycles the slide of the pistol to eject the spent cart when fired. Not something you use outdoors where you might lose an expensive ejected cart. The only downside of the semi auto operation really. Not practical powerful or super accurate but immense fun
    Gun control means using both hands.

Guessing that China probably produce more guns than anyone else but are incapable of making anything that is considered desirable. Why is this? Quality? Backup? Lack of innovation? I don't doubt they have the ability to manufacture the elusive AA Break barrel but would anyone buy one if it was Chinese?

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Mine was the never made Holy Grail, the 11.5 ft lbs FWB 601!

I have handled a Wiscombe and it seemed pretty heavy to me.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.