Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your favorite gun that you have NOT owned??

Quote Originally Posted by Carl2 View Post
    Guessing that China probably produce more guns than anyone else but are incapable of making anything that is considered desirable. Why is this? Quality? Backup? Lack of innovation? I don't doubt they have the ability to manufacture the elusive AA Break barrel but would anyone buy one if it was Chinese?

No!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Always wanted a falcon fn12 lighthunter. Think I might sell my ultra and get one
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    Always wanted a falcon fn12 lighthunter. Think I might sell my ultra and get one
    The last time I was in John Knibbs he had a light hunter in the racks.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Venom Mach 1.
    Venom Mach 2.
    Venom Varminter '80.....er, hang on, a few more Venoms, too.

WBPS Marauder 335

Anschutz 335

Anschutz 250

Webley Premier.

Walther LP53.
    Dont buy the 335 unless you get it cheap, they are overrated ;-)
    Too many airguns!

May have the name wrong but the Theoben version of the HW90 - Eurocustom?

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Dont buy the 335 unless you get it cheap, they are overrated ;-)
    Thank you, evert.. This isn't the first time I've heard that, especially regarding bulging cylinders? Not that it would happen anytime soon anyway, due to lack of space and funds......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Theoben SLR might have been nice but the one that got away was the GC2. Big, heavy, slow and cumbersome but ground breaking in every way.
    VAYA CON DIOS

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Airmasters 77FTS in full ft spec: shoulda got it instead of a Theoben Grand Prix
    ISP Mk3
    Daystate CR 97 SE: got a CR97 but the SE version is just gorgeous!

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Thank you, evert.. This isn't the first time I've heard that, especially regarding bulging cylinders? Not that it would happen anytime soon anyway, due to lack of space and funds......
    Oh, they are nice guns, but mine has struggled to make power. Dont know if it is the cylinder stampings or something else, or the fact that I should have tried more springs in it. As said they are nice, but not the holy grail some people say they are.
    Too many airguns!

A full house lazaglide 80. I had one on loan from a clubmate for a few weeks when my 77 was out of action. Slimtech silencer, full Venom blueing, grade 3 walnut CS800 stock. Think it might even have had a Mach 1 trigger, or at least a trigger job.

The nicest springer I've ever shot, just near perfect in every way. That was a wrench when I had to hand it back!

A Whiscombe of some sort.

One or two air cartridge pistols too, probably one of the Uberti made SAA replicas and the Pietta Colt 1860 cartridge conversion.

A good SSP match rifle: LGR, 601 or Super Air.

Also I want the grade 3 walnut CS800 back that I stupidly sold a few years back. The aforementioned owner of the 80 had gone down to CS and hand selected the blanks for said 80 and his 77 at the time. I'd bought the 77 stock for a song around 1998.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius