Thread: Hi from Edinburgh

Hi from Edinburgh

Hi all,

First post to introduce myself; late to air weapons as a hobby, nearly have my air weapon certificate, have joined JGARC as a probationer and already have a deposit on my first rifle for when the certificate comes through. Will only be target shooting / plinking either at the club or in the back garden but looking forward to the discourse on the BBS.

thanks
    Gareth

Welcome - much useful info, advice & knowledge on here. Plenty of members north of the border - I can't imagine how I'd cope if similar regs were introduced here. Fair play to you.

PS What did you go for as your first rifle?

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Hi. Welcome to the Forum.

If you have not heard of it yet , Livelines in Armadale is a great shop. Scott and Yvonne will serve you well and offer great advice.

My brother lives in Bathgate and I visit livelines when I go to see my brother .
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    PS What did you go for as your first rifle?
    BSA Ultra CLX - the 160 Commemorative edition.

Was looking for something that the family could shoot under supervision in the back garden and YD is a lefty and quite slight so the Ultra CLX fitted the bill with the ambidextrous stock and the short overall length.

Wasn't particularly fussed about it being limited but by the time I'd have added a scope, moderator and hard case to the stock Ultra CLX I'd be up near what I'm paying for it anyway, plus the laminate stock is pretty in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit
    If you have not heard of it yet , Livelines in Armadale is a great shop. Scott and Yvonne will serve you well and offer great advice.
    It was indeed in Livelines where I placed the order at the weekend - both Scott and Yvonne were very welcoming and helpful, and I can see me spending more time and money there!

thanks to both of you for the welcome!

Gareth