Scores updated

Some thoughts on .22 MPL pistol shooting .......

I found that my .22 Original Model 5 pistol doesn't quite produce enough power for the RWS Meisterkugeln pellets to consistently cut a clean hole in a slightly damp NSRA 6yd pistol target.....

So, plan B....try my Weihrauch HW45 Silver Star on the 'low-power' setting to shoot my MPL targets.

Well, that was slightly better, but the pellets were still not cutting clean holes with every shot, so I decided to shoot my MPL cards with the gun on 'full power' complete with the traditional HW45 whiff of smoke

Noticing that most of the shots were falling slightly to the right of the black aiming area, and the shots in the black were actually fliers , I adjusted the sights a few clicks over to the left and up a bit and ended up with two sets of cards with reasonable scores.

There is certainly more work to be done, and a consistent grip is definitely essential when shooting one of these hand cannons, but we have made a start with .22 target shooting now, so with a bit more practice, I would say that scores in the low to mid 40s should be achievable.

Good luck and good shooting