Thread: Original 75

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Graemevw View Post
    I managed to undo the sight clamp today. Took a pair of grips and some protection to the wheel, but came undone. Very glad I managed to do it with no damage!
    Tried maybe 10 test shots in the garage too. When I test fired it in the shopni paid no attention to accuracy, just wanted to see how it felt and what power it was putting out.
    As hoped, seems it's capable of better accuracy than I am!
    Very happy with this gun

What's wrong with your barrel sleeve? Just curious in case it helps me look after mine. It has a rub mark on the bottom where it has been rested on something but other than that is very tidy.

're reading that, are you saying it was just pointless, rather than damaging?
    Pointless, yes. I always thought the main body of it was matt finished steel like the 65/66 and wiped it down after use.
    Glad you got your sight sheel moving. Did you notice the wee serrated foot?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Pointless, yes. I always thought the main body of it was matt finished steel like the 65/66 and wiped it down after use.
    Glad you got your sight sheel moving. Did you notice the wee serrated foot?
    Yes. I'm sure I saw online somewhere that they don't all have that?
    It wasn't seized, or dirty, or damaged, just VERY tight!
    The sight adjustments are a little stiff, now I can get it off I'll probably strip and clean it.

It's surprising they managed to get the fore sight looking exactly the same as the plastic! I thought the sight was plastic too untill I realised it was cold and the barrel shroud was warm.

Out of interest, these were available as diana, original, and rws right? Who actually made them? Seems diana and original were basically the same company? So why 2 different names?
    Old German target rifles and even older BSA's

Quote Originally Posted by Graemevw View Post
    Yes. I'm sure I saw online somewhere that they don't all have that?
    It wasn't seized, or dirty, or damaged, just VERY tight!
    The sight adjustments are a little stiff, now I can get it off I'll probably strip and clean it.

It's surprising they managed to get the fore sight looking exactly the same as the plastic! I thought the sight was plastic too untill I realised it was cold and the barrel shroud was warm.

Out of interest, these were available as diana, original, and rws right? Who actually made them? Seems diana and original were basically the same company? So why 2 different names?
    Yes, the 75 was available under those, and a few more brand names, used by the manufacturer Mayer and Grammelspacher/ Dianawerk for different markets.

Original was used for the UK as Millard Bros./ Milbro used the Diana trademark post war until the early 80s. Later 75s could be bought as an Original, Diana or RWS here for a time mid 80s on.
    Last edited by Drew451; 19-12-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Ah, I see. Thank you.
    Old German target rifles and even older BSA's