Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Original 75

Quote Originally Posted by Graemevw View Post
    Yours has the O rings sticking

It shows no other signs of having been worked on. I just guess Original wouldn't have sent it out with bunched O rings under those caps.
    Yep.. its either my 75 or 65 .. but one of them definitely has rubber orings folding out under the cap.

Unfortunately neither of mine are shooting just now. I have shot the 75 all of 1 time and it made a nasty crack and nothing left the barrel.
    The 65 I bought recently and it wont cock...I'm waiting till the kids bugger off back to school before I tackle anything
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I have an original 75 with a plastic shroud. Mine is scratched up a fair bit, but I reckon a few passes with different grade papers will bring it back to new.
    Mine also has the buffer tou arevtalking about, although mine looks like hard plastic, that has sheared off.. maybe someone has attempted a replacement at some point. A rubber from a pencil would make a suitable replacement.
    I've just had a careful prod about both my 75s and both have plastic shrouds. Only the short section towards the muzzle is metal, possibly phosphated steel or aluminium.
    The earlier one has no buffer and there is marking on the cylinder opposite. The later one has a small o ring likely retrofitted and no marks.

Yep.. its either my 75 or 65 .. but one of them definitely has rubber orings folding out under the cap.

Unfortunately neither of mine are shooting just now. I have shot the 75 all of 1 time and it made a nasty crack and nothing left the barrel.
    The 65 I bought recently and it wont cock...I'm waiting till the kids bugger off back to school before I tackle anything
    What is it you need, Donald? I think I may have a spring set and maybe the forward piston washer. Not sure about the rear but I will have a dig about.

It's mainly a seal set I'm after..I dont think the springs would really make much difference, although it would be nice to do the full shebang if I have it apart.
    I've a funny feeling the seals are the same for the 65 as they are for the 75 so I'm thinking about tackling the 65 first. I think it will be slightly less complicated than the side lever.
    Saying that, I'm hoping the 65 will be an easy fix once I set about it.. I'm hoping its either a trigger setting or something to do with one of the trigger plate things that the manual mentions must be set up correctly at factory.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I've just had a careful prod about both my 75s and both have plastic shrouds. Only the short section towards the muzzle is metal, possibly phosphated steel or aluminium.
    The earlier one has no buffer and there is marking on the cylinder opposite. The later one has a small o ring likely retrofitted and no marks.
    I just dug the remains of the buffer out of the arm, was deffinate clear and the hole it pushed into is deffinately factory. I'll see if I can find something that fits nicely. I put an elastic band round it for now.
    I cleaned the action and there is a perfect circle of wear from the buffer and a tiny bit of extra wear from the arm. Nowhere near as bad as it looked in the picture I posted thankfully.
    Old German target rifles and even older BSA's

It's mainly a seal set I'm after..I dont think the springs would really make much difference, although it would be nice to do the full shebang if I have it apart.
    I've a funny feeling the seals are the same for the 65 as they are for the 75 so I'm thinking about tackling the 65 first. I think it will be slightly less complicated than the side lever.
    Saying that, I'm hoping the 65 will be an easy fix once I set about it.. I'm hoping its either a trigger setting or something to do with one of the trigger plate things that the manual mentions must be set up correctly at factory.
    Im sure the springs and seals are the same across 60-75 ranges. Mind you, I'm doubting myself a bit now.
    My graith is a bit scattered after I moved recently but I've got the 3 spring set, definitely. I should have the piston seals but they're not with the springs. I'll keep looking.

The bit that looks like an o-ring squeezed out from the side cap should actually be a rubber bumper that slightly separates the stock from the action. Quite often they are missing

Im sure the springs and seals are the same across 60-75 ranges. Mind you, I'm doubting myself a bit now.
    My graith is a bit scattered after I moved recently but I've got the 3 spring set, definitely. I should have the piston seals but they're not with the springs. I'll keep looking.
    No worries.. I think they're the same.. I used the tried and tested method of finding the part on chambers, then typing in the part number and seeing what other models it fits.... it's not let me down yet

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    The bit that looks like an o-ring squeezed out from the side cap should actually be a rubber bumper that slightly separates the stock from the action. Quite often they are missing
    very interesting .. I'm looking forward to stripping the 65 and getting a look at everything properly
    Donald

No worries.. I think they're the same.. I used the tried and tested method of finding the part on chambers, then typing in the part number and seeing what other models it fits.... it's not let me down yet

very interesting .. I'm looking forward to stripping the 65 and getting a look at everything properly
    I was just on Chambers there, doing exactly that. I was shocked to see they are very low on Diana spares, even piston seals. I read a while ago that the factory were to blame.
    However, Knibbs have both piston seals plus breech seal. The red ones rather than the usual blue.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Oh really! Fantastic. That's good news in one way, means it's not been messed with. Bad news in another as it probably hasn't been apart before. Maybe the piston seals won't last after all.
    Thanks.

Oh really! Fantastic. That's good news in one way, means it's not been messed with. Bad news in another as it probably hasn't been apart before. Maybe the piston seals won't last after all.
    Thanks.
    The rubber bumpers are pushed into small holes in the stock.
    It might not be bad news. If you are careful the stock comes in and out without damaging them. So it's very possibly had seals etc done, just by someone who knew what they were doing!

I'm still reeling at how much time, oil or silicone cloths I've wasted over the years wiping down the plastic barrel shroud. I'll never get it back.
    It took me several years of 66 ownership to realise the trigger guard as also plastic as well. Im putting it down to Diana's superb quality plastics. I think.

I managed to undo the sight clamp today. Took a pair of grips and some protection to the wheel, but came undone. Very glad I managed to do it with no damage!
    Tried maybe 10 test shots in the garage too. When I test fired it in the shopni paid no attention to accuracy, just wanted to see how it felt and what power it was putting out.
    As hoped, seems it's capable of better accuracy than I am!
    Very happy with this gun

I'm still reeling at how much time, oil or silicone cloths I've wasted over the years wiping down the plastic barrel shroud. I'll never get it back.
    It took me several years of 66 ownership to realise the trigger guard as also plastic as well. Im putting it down to Diana's superb quality plastics. I think.

What's wrong with your barrel sleeve? Just curious in case it helps me look after mine. It has a rub mark on the bottom where it has been rested on something but other than that is very tidy.

're reading that, are you saying it was just pointless, rather than damaging?

I managed to undo the sight clamp today. Took a pair of grips and some protection to the wheel, but came undone. Very glad I managed to do it with no damage!
    Tried maybe 10 test shots in the garage too. When I test fired it in the shopni paid no attention to accuracy, just wanted to see how it felt and what power it was putting out.
    As hoped, seems it's capable of better accuracy than I am!
    Very happy with this gun

What's wrong with your barrel sleeve? Just curious in case it helps me look after mine. It has a rub mark on the bottom where it has been rested on something but other than that is very tidy.

're reading that, are you saying it was just pointless, rather than damaging?
    Pointless, yes. I always thought the main body of it was matt finished steel like the 65/66 and wiped it down after use.
    Glad you got your sight sheel moving. Did you notice the wee serrated foot?

Pointless, yes. I always thought the main body of it was matt finished steel like the 65/66 and wiped it down after use.
    Glad you got your sight sheel moving. Did you notice the wee serrated foot?
    Yes. I'm sure I saw online somewhere that they don't all have that?
    It wasn't seized, or dirty, or damaged, just VERY tight!
    The sight adjustments are a little stiff, now I can get it off I'll probably strip and clean it.

It's surprising they managed to get the fore sight looking exactly the same as the plastic! I thought the sight was plastic too untill I realised it was cold and the barrel shroud was warm.

Out of interest, these were available as diana, original, and rws right? Who actually made them? Seems diana and original were basically the same company? So why 2 different names?