Thread: how do you check what air

how do you check what air

you have left in your divers bottle

I have a blanking plug that fits in the hose foster fitting, turn the bottle on and the guage will read what's in the bottle.

I got mine from best fittings

many thanks for info

Make sure you have the BRASS foster blanking plug to do the pressure test not the plastic or alloy dust caps.
    I think it has to be bought separately from Best Fittings.
    Even better is a brass or steel DIN blank to fit the cylinder valve itself, it doesn't waste a fill hose full of air pressure.

As I explained on your other thread, cylinder & rifle pressure will try to equalise when the cylinder valve is opened.
    If the cylinder contains more than the rifle max fill, you close the valve when that max fill is reached,
    if you don't reach the max fill then what it reaches is all the pressure left in the cylinder.

many thanks for explaining that to me

And double check its seated and locked otherwise it turns into a bullet. Make sure you got a good grip and its aiming in a safe direction
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

thanks for info

I've got one of those foster fitting blanking plugs on my fill hose but I normally use it just to keep any dust out of the fitting. I usually run my 12L cylinder down to 170 bar or lower anyway as I'm not that bothered about having the max number of shots, so I can see from the gauge on each fill where it's got to.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius