Thread: Diana 35 power dreams

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Might have been more power. It had a deeper angular stock,

Yes , and chequering on the forend I think. Was probably very early eighties before the 45 came out ?

Quote Originally Posted by randl View Post
    I seem to remember and I might be wrong! But wasn’t there a 35s version back in the 80s that made a bit more power as standard?
    Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Might have been more power. It had a deeper angular stock,
    Quote Originally Posted by randl View Post
    Yes , and chequering on the forend I think. Was probably very early eighties before the 45 came out ?
    You might be thinking about the 35 S? It had a square-ish stock, and an ABT mechanism, plus improved sights.
    Mine does not have give power than the older 35's.
    Too many airguns!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    You might be thinking about the 35 S? It had a square-ish stock, and an ABT mechanism, plus improved sights.
    Mine does not have give power than the older 35's.
    The 35S was the fancy version of the 35, not a more powerful one. It's not like cars where putting an 'S' on the boot gives 100 extra horses.

The Super Meteor and the Meteor are the same mechanicals in the old BSA range but the Super had a Monte Carlo cheek-piece, a deeper fore-end and a thick ventilated recoil pad. It's the stock that made it 'super', same with the Original Diana.. nice stock and sights.

The mysterious Diana 35B is the one that is supposed to be powerful but I cannot see how.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The mysterious Diana 35B is the one that is supposed to be powerful but I cannot see how.
    Modern Diana 35 have been reported from the middle east, presumably normal 34/36/38 mechanisms branded as 35. Could that be the reason for the confusion?
    Too many airguns!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Modern Diana 35 have been reported from the middle east, presumably normal 34/36/38 mechanisms branded as 35. Could that be the reason for the confusion?
    I think it was Gedfinn on here who claimed it, also it is mentioned in the Wesley book from the 60s ... I'll have to track it down but probably a matter of a strong spring and the lack of a chronograph.. Relum Tornados were thought to be powerhouses back then as well, but they make about 8 fpe. Impressions can be deceptive.

The 35s in the Middle East might be Indian copies? The 35 was a highly cloned design.

I have actually got an old tired .22 35 myself, so I should have a go as well at supertuning the freak!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The 35S was the fancy version of the 35, not a more powerful one. It's not like cars where putting an 'S' on the boot gives 100 extra horses.

The Super Meteor and the Meteor are the same mechanicals in the old BSA range but the Super had a Monte Carlo cheek-piece, a deeper fore-end and a thick ventilated recoil pad. It's the stock that made it 'super', same with the Original Diana.. nice stock and sights.

Just been reading this thread & found it very interesting. Just wondering about the above ref To the 35b as supposedly being a bit more powerful than (standard?) model 35, which I hadn't heard before. I had thought the 35b was a bit like the Meteor v Meteor Super. The 35b having a nicer stock with chequering, a moveable rear sight with clip on peep attachment & the four bladed rotating front sight, but I thought the guts were the same.

The E designation on the model 50 has sometimes been said to signify export, is that correct? So, does anyone know what the b designation & the s designation really mean? Or we're they just randomly chosen to differentiate a variation in the range.

Might be able to do some external measurements on a Pre war 35 a post war 35 & 35b if it's of help to anyone.

After a few hundred shots I tried the jsb exact 4.51 and these are the ones that give the best power with 15 joules (11 ft/lb)!

Quote Originally Posted by jlb73 View Post
    After a few hundred shots I tried the jsb exact 4.51 and these are the ones that give the best power with 15 joules (11 ft/lb)!
    Great results! How does it feel to shoot, and how is accuracy?
    Too many airguns!

Diana 35 power dreams

Quote Originally Posted by jlb73 View Post
    That's amazing in .177 with good accuracy as your pictures show, well done!