Thread: Santa what did he bring shooting wise?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Santa what did he bring shooting wise?

Did anyone get a nice shooting related pressie from Santa? My mrs bought me a lovely old pneumatic Webley Nemesis! Brought back some memories and still a cracking accurate pistol for an old girl!

For a change this year my present to myself was not shooting related. Instead I got myself a 1980s road bike to restore/rebuild
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

No guns for me... but I did get a USMC KA-BAR!!! always wanted one.. and an even better present is knowing that my mrs actually listened to me 🤣🤣 I cant remember saying I wanted one, but I must have at sone point!
    Donald

I had a Discovery ffp 4-16 scope under the tree.

I also wanted a brothers in arms M4 for a spot of tin can busting but couldn't get one. It's my Birthday soon though.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Daughter, son and my wife have a habit of finding me an item to keep me out of the way for a while. This year it is a 1930s(?) Original V Millita, 46" long, .177 rifled barrel. So far I cannot find other markings apart from ser. no. Has faults I can see without a strip: barrel detent/lock spring is broken/weak so needs replacing and the rear sight height adjuster wheel is missing. Not looked inside yet but trigger seems OK. Mainspring a bit graunchy ... not fired yet and will look inside first. The last one of these I looked at had some flat nails embedded in the piston washer.
    Happy days.
    Cheers, Phil
    Last edited by Phil Russell; 27-12-2021 at 01:23 PM. Reason: typo .177 not .22

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Daughter, son and my wife have a habit of finding me an item to keep me out of the way for a while. This year it is a 1930s(?) Original V Millita, 46" long, .177 rifled barrel. So far I cannot find other markings apart from ser. no. Has faults I can see without a strip: barrel detent/lock spring is broken/weak so needs replacing and the rear sight height adjuster wheel is missing. Not looked inside yet but trigger seems OK. Mainspring a bit graunchy ... not fired yet and will look inside first. The last one of these I looked at had some flat nails embedded in the piston washer.
    Happy days.
    Cheers, Phil
    Top present,you have got weeks of pleasure to come as you investigate and repair.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltherfan View Post
    Did anyone get a nice shooting related pressie from Santa? My mrs bought me a lovely old pneumatic Webley Nemesis! Brought back some memories and still a cracking accurate pistol for an old girl!
    Only one airgun related Christmas present this year, my son bought me a brass trigger blade for my TX

Got a beautiful Relum Tornado, a Bisley barrel cleaning kit and a huge can of Balistol. No comments about the Relum please, I love them.

Mmmm....Bugger all, absolutely bugger all....Today, as a late Christmas present to myself, I did buy a black sports style T-Shirt from Tesco reduced from £14 to £9. Bah, humbug and all that. You lucky people who received something out of Santa's bulging sack....enjoy and have fun....

2 tins of air arms fields in 22,i dont like my kids wasting there money on me

Two pairs of binoculars, that's why it's foggy out and likely to be that way for a week.
    Chairgun doesn't take the shot.