Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tuned springers

Just out of curiosity - unless on a 97 / tx (and then for cosmetic appearance) - why blue or black a piston for an HW80 - ?
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Just out of curiosity - unless on a 97 / tx (and then for cosmetic appearance) - why blue or black a piston for an HW80 - ?
    To let the engraving stand out?

No one will see it unless its stripped.

Waste of money if you ask me. Mach 1.5

Hw95l

Quote Originally Posted by nearlygotit View Post
    Hi all, just wondering if there's anyone tuning top end spring guns, such as Weirauch etc, in my youth I used to drool over such guns as the Venom / Lazerglide HW 80'S and 77's, just wondering I n the days of high tech PCP's if there's a place for beautifully tuned springers?
    ATB Jase.
    My new HW95L .22, (2019/2020 year), was shooting like a shotgun and through recommendations on airgun forums I installed an ARH kit along with a Vortek seal and a GPL-205 lube. My problem, IMHO, was caused by over oiling/greasing at the Weihrauch factory. I believe that Weihrauch had to use inexperienced folks because of the China Virus affecting the employees and this caused the problem that led to dieseling which damaged the piston seal. I don't consider this a tune although I did a through clean and polish of all of the components. The rifle is a tack driver now with a sharp dull thud for the shot cycle and is absolutely soundless during cocking until the piston latches on the trigger. The FPS went from the low 600s to 716 after the kit was installed. There are lots of videos on how to do this type of work on your rifle.

Happy New Year to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Waste of money if you ask me. Mach 1.5
    Same here.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis299 View Post
    My new HW95L .22, (2019/2020 year), was shooting like a shotgun and through recommendations on airgun forums I installed an ARH kit along with a Vortek seal and a GPL-205 lube. My problem, IMHO, was caused by over oiling/greasing at the Weihrauch factory. I believe that Weihrauch had to use inexperienced folks because of the China Virus affecting the employees and this caused the problem that led to dieseling which damaged the piston seal. I don't consider this a tune although I did a through clean and polish of all of the components. The rifle is a tack driver now with a sharp dull thud for the shot cycle and is absolutely soundless during cocking until the piston latches on the trigger. The FPS went from the low 600s to 716 after the kit was installed. There are lots of videos on how to do this type of work on your rifle.

Happy New Year to all!
    It's nothing to do with Covid, Weihrauch have been packing their rifles with their own mix of fat and oil for years, it's there to stop corrosion in storage and shipping rather than for lubrication. They expect people to basically shoot it out, but sometimes it really has been 'laid on with a trowel' and causes the detonation problem you had.