Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holts sealed auction 6 jan

I am trying to be good, really trying, but there are a couple of things that have caught my eye

Can I resist registering any bids........only a short time to go, I wonder if I can hold out
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I resisted the sealed bid auction, bought one antique ml rifle on their main auction a few weeks back, it turned out to be better than i had thought so a result.
    Got enough air rifles at the moment!

Well I have put a couple of low bids in on a couple of things. I doubt I will get them but you never know?!

Minimum bids were the lowest estimate, which on many lots makes them too costly once buyers premium, shipping and RFD costs are taken into account even on the lowest estimate.

Some of the estimates were crazy low or crazy high. There was an XS78 CO2 rifle where the lower estimate was more than it was worth even before the add-ons?

Anyway, good luck to anyone on here who has submitted bids.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I was going to bid on a rifle but what I would be happy to pay for it either in a shop or on here would end up being outrageous money by the time all the extras had been added on afterwards, it wouldn't be so bad if I lived near and could collect, that would save a large wedge, I've got the money to buy it at the final cost but it's the principle sometimes.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

The way I have handled it is to bid an amount that, when all other costs are added, equates to what I would happily pay on here. I suspect that will make it an ultimately unsuccessful tactic

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Does it show how much a rifle sold for afterwards, even if you haven't bid on it?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    There’s a FWB Sport 124 listed in that auction. It’s described as being engraved by Don - but it most certainly isn’t (have a look at the cuts - my dog could chew neater).
    Don told me about someone who used to knock out work using a Dremel and pass it off as his stuff, this looks to be one of those.
    Just didn’t want anyone bidding silly money on it only to be extremely disappointed.
    Craig

Used to be mine once Craig and certainly not done by the late Don,, May have been by Dons dog. Personally i think Stevie Wonder did it in the dark after a p*ss up.
    Not on any terms can you take Holts description on anything they advertise as what it is.. And no complaining afterwards when you receive a load of rubbish.
    You have to go to the viewings to see what your going to bid on.. I have managed to return some stuff not as described in the past.

Funnily enough, the FWB sport was one I liked the look of but would have needed to peanuts to be worth while.
    Clearly not work by DB, but it was the description stating it needed work that put me off. If they are saying it needed work it must have been mechanically poop too.

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    Used to be mine once Craig and certainly not done by the late Don,, May have been by Dons dog. Personally i think Stevie Wonder did it in the dark after a p*ss up.
    Not on any terms can you take Holts description on anything they advertise as what it is.. And no complaining afterwards when you receive a load of rubbish.
    You have to go to the viewings to see what your going to bid on.. I have managed to return some stuff not as described in the past.
    Nice one, Colin. Do you know if the FWB sold - and for what price?
    Cheers, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Cheers, Craig
    Bids had to be in by 10:30am today so I doubt we will know if we were successful today. I hope they publish the acheived prices in due course as it should prove interesting.
    Rich.

Cheers, Craig
    £333.00 plus fees, Does not mention anything about Dons Engraving on the metalwork if you look. It said Don Blocksage early stock engraving, Which we know is not true and typical of holts to say such a thing to push bids up,,, Its was actually Don Robinsons work.
    Both have now sadly passed away hence i think it may have gone for a good price.
    I only usually bid on the air canes but not this time,, Prices have gone through the roof and then add all the extras so its just not been worth the hassle anymore.

Sale results are in and the fwb sold for £333.00 Some very daft prices and some very good prices this time for a change..
    Sharp ace £395. Sharp innova, £350. Plus fees...

Unsold items now for sale for those of you who bid, Nothing for me at those prices though. SMK MODEL XS78 £195.. surely they are not that much new..
    Last edited by colin g; 06-01-2022 at 06:38 PM. Reason: unsold items now for sale

Had a look online and it’s says I had the winning bid on a sharpe ace!

Bid on a few but looks like only got the one, long trip out or expensive rfd cost.

Sharp ace £115

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SCW22 View Post
    Had a look online and it’s says I had the winning bid on a sharpe ace!

Bid on a few but looks like only got the one, long trip out or expensive rfd cost.

Sharp ace £115

Steve

That was the one on its own Steve,, No scope. Give them a ring on Monday Steve, I dont think they charge to rfd its just the shipping and packaging company that charge you but it has to go to rfd.. Col.

Didn't bid, just looked.
    The better quality/condition stuff went well. Many rifles just found a new home. Not too many unsold lots. Isn't that the point of auctions?

Plenty of unsold lots but you have to get them at 5.30, the numbers de-crease by the second for the good ones, Only 37 left as we speak,,
    started with 130 lots just for air rifles,