Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holts sealed auction 6 jan

Well as suspected my bids were not successful

Some crazy prices there and some fair. Well done to anyone who got what they were after.

There was what I think is a BSA Supersport custom that I decided not to bid on as I thought it would go for strong money that sold @ £132 plus fees.....wish it was mine, I might have pipped that bid by a little if I had been more brave in following my hunch. If anyone on here got it feel free to rub my nose in it
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post

Some crazy prices there and some fair. Well done to anyone who got what they were after.

There was what I think is a BSA Supersport custom that I decided not to bid on as I thought it would go for strong money that sold @ £132 plus fees.....wish it was mine, I might have pipped that bid by a little if I had been more brave in following my hunch. If anyone on here got it feel free to rub my nose in it
    I was going to make a bid on that and I'd happily have paid up to £200 for it in a shop but b the time all the fees and postage had been added then it took it well over the top.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Well your not alone there ---none of mine either fn12 broken stock i bid £112 it made £120--crossman marauder - bid £175--it made £200 ---and a box of mods -i bib £50-they made £53 --so i was not that far out --but as said some prices just silly when you put the charges and postage on --there seems a fair few s200s left some with target peep sights on but when you work our postage costs they dont stop cheap

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Well your not alone there ---none of mine either fn12 broken stock i bid £112 it made £120--crossman marauder - bid £175--it made £200 ---and a box of mods -i bib £50-they made £53 --so i was not that far out --but as said some prices just silly when you put the charges and postage on --there seems a fair few s200s left some with target peep sights on but when you work our postage costs they dont stop cheap
    And the s200s were clearly ex club/scout/cadet rifles so we're likely to have had a hard life and be in need of TLC.

It confirms what I have known for some time, there are lots of people out there with much more money than me!

I nearly bid on that FN12 - actually it's a Titan not a Falcon - but would have wanted it for £120 all in not hammer price! That's over @£200 including fees, shipping and RFD costs.

I wonder if some people in Norfolk buy a lot of items, pick them up and sell them on? At least those that don't go for silly money.

PS Is it a coincidence that the butchered FWB sport achieved a price exactly half the number of the beast?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I bid on 8 lot's and won one (one i did not want but swmbo had seen it and nagged me to bid) ,The rest christ some people must have some spare cash to use up as i bid well over the estimates.

And the s200s were clearly ex club/scout/cadet rifles so we're likely to have had a hard life and be in need of TLC.

It confirms what I have known for some time, there are lots of people out there with much more money than me!

I nearly bid on that FN12 - actually it's a Titan not a Falcon - but would have wanted it for £120 all in not hammer price! That's over @£200 including fees, shipping and RFD costs.

I wonder if some people in Norfolk buy a lot of items, pick them up and sell them on? At least those that don't go for silly money.

PS Is it a coincidence that the butchered FWB sport achieved a price exactly half the number of the beast?
    Yes that fn12 did look nice even with its stock but as you as not for over £200 then postage and rfd charges if you did not pick it up that box of mods was a canny buy even for £53 and charges there was 27 in there and they didn't look to bad -never mind always another time ----it shows some do get carried away with a auction and bid silly money --i agree with the s200s more than likely need work