Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm thinking about getting a Weihrauch hw100/110

I'm thinking about getting a Weihrauch hw100/110

Hi all, I haven't used my HW97k for quite a while, I mainly used it for HFT (at furnace mills Bewdley)
    I'm thinking about getting back into the sport & getting a pcp.
    I'm a little confused by all the HW100 & HW110 models.
    My question is which model would be the most suitable for HFT?

many thanks Iain

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Avoid the 110, like a bat with a cough.
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Hw100.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

HW100. Some of the karbine versions are/were only good for about 3, or at best 4, x 14 magazines with standard cylinders and no "tuning" or optimisation, so if you need more than about 45 consistent shots, perhaps the full length version is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
    HW100. Some of the karbine versions are/were only good for about 3, or at best 4, x 14 magazines with standard cylinders and no "tuning" or optimisation, so if you need more than about 45 consistent shots, perhaps the full length version is better?
    My HW100KS in .177 gives 56 shots (4 mags) on reg with the standard cylinder with plenty to spare
    With the titanium cylinder I get an extra mag.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Avoid the 110, like a bat with a cough.
    amused me that

I have a HW100 I wouldn't part with - laminate stock carbine, and yes, will only do about 100 shots before it needs to be refilled (.177), but each one is going to hit home

Purchased an HW110 for a friend, to be fair he has rattled through tins of pellets like its belt fed, and it popped a seal

Both were purchased secondhand and for the purchase price knew it would allow for a service should either need it - contacted a reputable HW servicing/tuning firm hoping to get a good price to service both and replace seal on friends to be told "if theres nothing wrong with your HW100 don't bother doing anything with it"

The HW100 is a better rifle, the HW110 has been built to a budget BUT it is still a quality rifle

I nearly bought a HW110 about 2 years ago but found a thread about one that had been fully disassembled.
    The findings were not what you would expect from a reputable brand like Weihrauch - some of the mechanicals were produced solely to maximise profit margins - i.e made so incredibly cheaply that it’s a wonder more don’t fail after their first shot.

When you look at the competition for around the same price (including the HW100 which is not too much more), I wouldn’t touch a HW110 with a barge pole.

I’ve owned a fair few of both and to be completely honest although controversial I actually prefer the 110

Never had a problem with my hw110

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    amused me that
    Me too

Bought a HW110 laminate secondhand before Christmas - for a very good price. I like it a lot, although I would say getting the magazine in and out is a bit of a fiddle, and also quite stiff.
    No complaints powerwise, or accuracy. For a gun which is supposed to be lighter than the HW100, it does feel quite weighty, probably the laminate stock, and its full length, the stock is really lovely though.
    Later this year will probably try the HW tuning lighter weight cylinder, and their replacement hammer spring.

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    I’ve got both but the 100 is more refined to use, if you are only getting one gun I would go for the 100.
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

HW100Kt cracking and accurate, mine is over 10 years old with a single service in that time and runs sweet, stock is a bit marmite but is functional.

The only addition I have made is attaching the biathlon type cube to the cocking lever, works well.

I’d opt for the 100 over the 110. I have owned 15-20 over the years. I have to say the Hw100bp handles the nicest by far. Some people just don’t like bull pups though
    A Wise Man Can Act A Fool, A Fool Can Not Act Wise