Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm thinking about getting a Weihrauch hw100/110

HW100S full length, deadly accurate. Twice as many shots as the 100K on a fill.

I regretted selling my first one after having two minor strokes and double vision, but thankfully that is now back to normal so bought my new HW100 just before Covid lockdown and it is easily as accurate as the Steyr 100LG that I once owned.

Probably an hour or so drive from you but you are welcome to have a try with it at my local farm just your side of Swindon, Wilts. No better way to check if its the choice you want to invest your hard earned money in.

PM me if interested, I am retired so flexible with timing.

I've had a 100 and a 110. Of the two, I preferred the HW110. But, tellingly, I sold both of them. Having had both, I'd not buy either again.

The HW100 is in my view the best production hunting gun available, especially in 20 calibre. They’re functional, reliable, accurate and well designed.

HW100 over 110 all day long.

Its tried and tested and all the wrinkles are known.

You need to decide if you want sporter or thumb hole. I dont like the thumb hole stock.

If its for HFT/FT then some tweking work is good. Adjustable butt and cheek worthwhile investments.

Switching the weirauch steel to an alloy is worth every penny.

Mine has since been Ratworked .... again worth every penny.

I lost the barrel band from day 1. Its a thick barrel, deeply seated and I have not had a zero shit from knocking the barrel.

Its a great mag system..... either as a single shot or as a mag fed system.

Trigger out of the box is usually excellent but I have tweaked mine for a light crisp break

As a general all rounder, I find the 100 a very hard rifle to beat IF IT FITS YOU.

Of course there are plenty of options but I rate a sorted 100.

The 110 is cheaper BUT not by enough to make the 100 a much better choice.

Carbine or sporter..... thats your shout.

Only other rifle I would possibly consider for HFT would be a compact bullpup FX like a Mk2 Impact.

But I hunt and do pesting so a bullpup also works for wagon shooting and I generally want a rifle that can multi task as oppossed a dedicated rig.

I will also be swapping my FAC Air Ranger for an M3 Sniper. the Air Ranger is a cracking gun but its unweildy.

Mind you, with a mod on, if you twist your ankle then you can use it as a crutch.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Not my expertise, so what would be the alternative to either 100 or 110 from another manufacturer in similar price bracket? Good rifle with similar features?

I’d suggest the HW100 KT mine had the A&M cylinder on it very accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Not my expertise, so what would be the alternative to either 100 or 110 from another manufacturer in similar price bracket? Good rifle with similar features?
    Theres a few contenders from the major brands
    Daystate Revere (though dearer than the 100)
    AAS510
    Ultra CLX sidelever, a bit untested at the minute
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Bought a HW110 laminate secondhand before Christmas - for a very good price. I like it a lot, although I would say getting the magazine in and out is a bit of a fiddle, and also quite stiff.
    No complaints powerwise, or accuracy. For a gun which is supposed to be lighter than the HW100, it does feel quite weighty, probably the laminate stock, and its full length, the stock is really lovely though.
    Later this year will probably try the HW tuning lighter weight cylinder, and their replacement hammer spring.
    The loading of the magazines into the breech on my h110 was terrible,
    It lacked deffinition and slickness !
    .The Hatsan AT-44 has a very similar mag and the mag loading on that budget gun was much better
    Thats why i sold my 110
    I would get a hw 100 full length.ive got a carbine and there is a sensation upon firing[inertia?] im told this is
    because of the shorter barrel.i had a full length hw100 and i preferred its "deadness" for target work
    and its weight i found just rite not overly heavy but then i am a mass m self
    Last edited by pellet sniper; 09-01-2022 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iain777uk View Post
    My question is which model would be the most suitable for HFT?

Take a look at the HW100 bull pup. Probably not the carbine version, which has a poor shot count. I've been impressed with the accuracy of the ones I've used. And nicely balanced for off hand shooting.

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly bob View Post
    Take a look at the HW100 bull pup.
    I've never used one, but the scope looks pretty high above the barrel. I'd find it difficult on those small close targets.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Theres a few contenders from the major brands
    Daystate Revere (though dearer than the 100)
    AAS510
    Ultra CLX sidelever, a bit untested at the minute
    Thank you. Does AA do anything?
    Is there anything much British? Well anything not German?
    I readily admit I don't have a clue when it comes to PCPs.