Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone lose interest in their guns?

Anyone lose interest in their guns?

Hi guys. Just asking if anyone else loses interest in their guns. Seem to have hit a rut last cpl of months where i cant be arse with them other than a periodic wipe over with a oily rag to protect them. Dont know why as i been in to air rifles abd pistols since i was a kid. I know my collection is tiny but i usually love to take them over my mates who has a massive garden or have a play in mine. Just lost the love at the moment and cannot think why

Losing interest

Think it happens to a fair few of us from time to time but not everyone likes to admit it

Usually a little break and time to concentrate on other hobbies works but the bug usually bites back again been there a few times

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Think it happens to a fair few of us from time to time but not everyone likes to admit it

Usually a little break and time to concentrate on other hobbies works but the bug usually bites back again been there a few times
    Tried tonight with my absolute favorite my modded crosman backpacker. This is the gun id sell last out of all of them just looked at it, put it back in the rack and locked the door. This is not me and what upsets me is i have not got a clue why.

im afraid it happens at times god knows why ,but never make the mistake of selling them which i once done big mistake when it comes to replacing them its costly

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Tried tonight with my absolute favorite my modded crosman backpacker. This is the gun id sell last out of all of them just looked at it, put it back in the rack and locked the door. This is not me and what upsets me is i have not got a clue why.
    I didn't touch my guns for 4 years. Put 1 shot through my airsporter about 5 months ago, but that was it.

I then decided to give one to my nephew for Christmas. It needed a bit of a tidy up so refinished the stock, stripped and 're lubed the action. Remembered all the tuning I did to it years ago.
    I got a bit sad that I was giving it away.
    So I bought a target rifle.
    2 weeks later I bought another 7.
    That was 2 days ago!

Went target shooting last night.
    Rebuilt one of the target rifles today.
    The habit is back strong ��

So, my advice, is give it a little while, then give one away.
    You'll buy 10 replacements in no time!

Nothing wrong with dipping in and out of hobbies. Life is short and ment to be fun.
    Old German target rifles and even older BSA's

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    im afraid it happens at times god knows why ,but never make the mistake of selling them which i once done big mistake when it comes to replacing them its costly
    Yeah been there at least half a dozen times if not a dozen in over 30 years of shooting

That moment when I’m saying I’m packing up and sell everything then the cold sweats come especially when I open an empty cabinet and start clucking needing to get something quick for my fix

I know I’m my own worst enemy though most of the time I go round and round in circles back around the houses more times than the postman

Don’t worry Wilba the mojo usually comes back sometimes taking little steps can help eg a cheeky little session here a bit of banter with shooting mates and before you know it your back in the swing again.

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    I had a couple of years off but, I’m now selling off some of my older guns and replace them with newer models which has rekindled my interest.
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

Quote Originally Posted by cptman View Post
    I had a couple of years off but, I’m now selling off some of my older guns and replace them with newer models which has rekindled my interest.
    Must admit over the last few years I got attracted to the project guns and the tatty old stuff

I sort of enjoyed tinkering and doing them up but I could only just stomach stripping and rebuilding another Herman so much

It wasn’t really what I was used to as for years before that I much preferred enjoying the excellent condition nearly new stuff (I rarely buy brand new)

So fairly recently I decided to stop looking at the projects and tatty stuff and cleared them all out so I can concentrate more scratching itches with other stuff I’ve not done yet eg bull pups etc

ive sold all of mine a few times and started up again or sold all my pcps and went back to springers or the other way around its a funny old sport this one but one we keep going back to

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    ive sold all of mine a few times and started up again or sold all my pcps and went back to springers or the other way around its a funny old sport this one but one we keep going back to
    Ditto buddy

It’s all good fun, I get more enjoyment with trying out as many as I can

You only live once and all that, I never thought I would sink so much money into one gun recently when I bought the Edgun Leshiy on New Year’s Eve but you know what I thought sod it

I’ve wanted one for years been top of my list and I had the funds so thought why not just blooming do it and enjoy it

You know what the old cliche I should have got one years ago

Meh always late to the party

I’m in a bit of a rut at the momemt - I put 4 mags through my as good as new HW100 back in early summer and not shot it since.

A few years back it would have put a thousand pellets through it by now.

Annoyingly, life just seems to get in the way of a good hobby sometimes.

Someone once said to me sometimes the life of an airgunner can be quite a lonely place.

I guess for those that don’t frequent clubs or have permissions or any mates that are into shooting there could well be some truth in that.

But there must be many that also enjoy a solitary little plink in the garden or loft/garage/cellar etc and this is where being part of a community can help with spending time with like minded folks discussing all things Airgun etc.

Just stay away from the obnoxious gits that have no real interest in air gunning and prefer to chat politics all day as I’m really not sure if some shooting forum folks actually own any guns

I haven’t done much shooting for the last couple of years.
    Major road work’s every Sunday on my route to my ft club,not wanting to sit in 2 hours of traffic,the COVID-19 thing actually closing the club,and my boss not allowing me to shoot in my lunch break at work (I used to for 20 odd years) put paid to any plinking time.
    My only fix was my cherished Boinger Bash events,that I attended :cool.
    Over the last 4 years I have realised that I wasn’t using most of my pcp guns,so ended up selling some.
    I have replaced them with some springer’s(that I enjoy shooting much more) and intend to join a new club when we move next month. I still really enjoy my airguns , but need to shoot them more.
    Les..

I don't get the opportunities to shoot as often as I'd like and maybe that makes me more keen and makes me look forward to the next session with relish? At the moment, I try to satiate my need for a fix by either having a plink when I can, a bit of a tinker, reading the magazines and, of course, jumping on here and exchanging banter and views with other lovely like-minded peeps. Helps you switch off from the mundanities of life and escape the nagging Mrs for a while, too!

Looking forward to the next Boinger Bash always gives something to focus on and look forward to. And, if time, money and the Covid situation allows, I'd love to be able to visit some HFT, FT and Bell Target venues, and also a show / country fair in the coming year. Knowing my luck, only one of these will actually happen, maybe two at a push.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Someone once said to me sometimes the life of an airgunner can be quite a lonely place.

I guess for those that don’t frequent clubs or have permissions or any mates that are into shooting there could well be some truth in that.

But there must be many that also enjoy a solitary little plink in the garden or loft/garage/cellar etc and this is where being part of a community can help with spending time with like minded folks discussing all things Airgun etc.

Just stay away from the obnoxious gits that have no real interest in air gunning and prefer to chat politics all day as I’m really not sure if some shooting forum folks actually own any guns
    After getting some advice regarding joining a club from the bbs,way back in 2006 it really made a big difference in my enjoyment of the hobby.meeting like minded people who were in to their airguns as much as me.The shared knowledge and help from fellow shooters totally enhanced the experience for me.
    The making of some long lasting friendships a big plus as well.
    I will be looking forward to getting back into a club in the near future.
    Les..