Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley-Venom Paradigm single-stroke pneumatic air rifle

Webley-Venom Paradigm single-stroke pneumatic air rifle

What ever happed to it was it ever launched/sold
    As anyone got one? is it any good?

It never made production
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Had a go with the proto type at Newark shooting show think it was 2010? was a bit of a faff about to shoot.

A Chinese company apparently bought the right to it but they never put it in production either.

Seems to be a common occurrence with Graham Trim designs. All the big fanfare but little to show for it .

The Sterling Armanents rifles for example. It went no where

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Didn't it end up in the guise of the FX independent?

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by wild dogman View Post
    What ever happed to it was it ever launched/sold
    As anyone got one? is it any good?
    Webley pulled the plug just before launch. All advertising had been done and a small batch of 5(ish) pre-production rifles were complete but then it never made general release. Lots of those were recalled back to the various factories that helped with parts and to Graham himself, however a few made it out into the wild thankfully.

At least one early prototype has been sold at auction since, I don’t know how many rough prototypes there were.

Last I heard from Graham he was trying to do a small limited run of Paradigms with the company GET-Lanchester, but launching any rifle without the backing of a large established company is always going to be tricky…

I’ve been fortunate enough to have a play with one of the pre-production sample rifles and all I can say is WOW, was a joy to shoot even over an extended session. What could have been if Webley had have had the guts to go ahead…
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Thanks for the info every one its a shame it never took off

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post

Dave

https://youtu.be/-jbzc-ssiJs

I see you can now order one from GET-lanchester. If they actually exist or not I don't know. It says limited to 140 (that's how many unused stocks there are from the Webley version).
    Also only available to order in .22. Maybe it's been scaled back a bit and doesn't make power in .177?

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    I see you can now order one from GET-lanchester. If they actually exist or not I don't know. It says limited to 140 (that's how many unused stocks there are from the Webley version).
    Also only available to order in .22. Maybe it's been scaled back a bit and doesn't make power in .177?
    All i can say is look before you take the plunge here https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...ight=Lancaster

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    All i can say is look before you take the plunge here https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...ight=Lancaster
    I See what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by wild dogman View Post
    Thanks for the info every one its a shame it never took off
    Massive shame imo, perhaps the market has changed now with cheap PCP options being rather prolific compared to 2010/2011, but with walnut Prosports now commanding the best part of 1K, I still think there is room for a high end (therefore maybe high price), limited volume self contained rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post

Dave
    The Independence (and bull pup model “Indy”) uses a small reservoir that can be topped up with the onboard pump. A good idea in theory, possibly closer to an idea Bowkett had back in the day for a ‘multi-pump multi-shot” rifle.

Nice enough rifles, kind of wish I’d kept mine and worked on it. I have an image of it with a reservoir extension and LW barrel, wearing a custom stock

Quote Originally Posted by tomdavies9 View Post
    I still think there is room for a high end (therefore maybe high price), limited volume self contained rifle

The Independence (and bull pup model “Indy”) uses a small reservoir that can be topped up with the onboard pump. A good idea in theory, possibly closer to an idea Bowkett had back in the day for a ‘multi-pump multi-shot” rifle.
    The multi-pump-multi-shot rifle now there's an idea I've been banging on about this concept for longer than I care to remember

I wonder could the Peregrine be re-jigged to fit this model ?

High end price for the ultimate sporting air gun, I'd rather that than any PCP

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    The multi-pump-multi-shot rifle now there's an idea I've been banging on about this concept for longer than I care to remember

I wonder could the Peregrine be re-jigged to fit this model ?

High end price for the ultimate sporting air gun, I'd rather that than any PCP
    In theory any SSP would require a reservoir to function as a multi shot, however a multi pump might be a better donor. Think Daystate sportsman Mk2 or the multi pump version of the Mohawk. Slightly bigger reservoir then some form of regulator to distribute the pressure.

Iirc Bowkett used a modified BSA PCP Action with a pump and low volume reservoir.

I do agree that a high end self contained system would definitely have a place in todays market, it’s sorely missing an alternative to the established PCP and spring offering for me though definitely in the form of an SSP

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    ssps and multis are cool (I have a few of each, including dragon, sportsman), but a PCP and a hand pump is a simpler and neater alternative.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.