Thread: HW45 Fun

HW45 Fun

Had another shoot with the HW45 I recently purchased from Mr Oldskoolzzz, of this fine forum.
    It just puts a big stupid grin on my face!

I now need some better grips for it, it's a bit too skinny in the lower regions for my taste, might have a go at making some 'laminated' ones from plywood, or maybe that chunk of walnut I am saving for a rainy day!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    Had another shoot with the HW45 I recently purchased from Mr Oldskoolzzz, of this fine forum.

I now need some better grips for it, it's a bit too skinny in the lower regions for my taste, might have a go at making some 'laminated' ones from plywood, or maybe that chunk of walnut I am saving for a rainy day!
    Been frequenting the pistol section today Mark,

Not been on this floor for quite sometime just noticed this thread.

Glad your enjoying the 45 buddy

Managed to pick up some Houge style 1911 airsoft grips that do the job nicely. It's currently in bits as I am fitting an Aussie parachute seal and a delrin spring guide, it's also going to have a good clean and polish on all the contact areas with a touch of moly where required.
    I had a period of forced covid confinement last month, so after getting sick of box sets, I spent some time setting up the trigger from the YouTube tutorials.

Can't wait to get it back together and down the range!

Managed to pick up some Houge style 1911 airsoft grips that do the job nicely. It's currently in bits as I am fitting an Aussie parachute seal and a delrin spring guide, it's also going to have a good clean and polish on all the contact areas with a touch of moly where required.
    I had a period of forced covid confinement last month, so after getting sick of box sets, I spent some time setting up the trigger from the YouTube tutorials.

Can't wait to get it back together and down the range!
    Nice one Mark, sounds good

Pesky Herman’s I’ve still got a soft spot for the 45 along with the 40 and 75 and not long had a 70 just need a 44 and I’ve done the set

I found the crosshatched grips irritated my hand on repeated cocking. Smooth moulded grips were much more comfy.

Put the 45 back together this evening and was relieved that it all worked fine, tried it at half power first and then dared myself with full power.

Has it transformed it from how it was before? Hmm, the jury is still out on this pending a proper session at the range. It doesn't feel or sound any different, maybe with being such an older model it was well settled in anyway.

It did give me a chance to give the inside a clean and lube; it's nice to get it back together and punching holes in things! Time will tell, but it might seem to have a bit more poke to it, pushing a flat head pellet through a steel can.

I will certainly have fun testing it out in the coming days.

Put the 45 back together this evening and was relieved that it all worked fine, tried it at half power first and then dared myself with full power.

Has it transformed it from how it was before? Hmm, the jury is still out on this pending a proper session at the range. It doesn't feel or sound any different, maybe with being such an older model it was well settled in anyway.

It did give me a chance to give the inside a clean and lube; it's nice to get it back together and punching holes in things! Time will tell, but it might seem to have a bit more poke to it, pushing a flat head pellet through a steel can.

I will certainly have fun testing it out in the coming days.
    Nice one Mark

Enjoy the testing

I wish I had tried it before, because I don't know if it used to be able to make it through both sides of the can with a flat head, but it certainly does now.

I wish I had tried it before, because I don't know if it used to be able to make it through both sides of the can with a flat head, but it certainly does now.
    Reading back through my sales advert Mark,

The info back then circa 4FPE on full cocking and 2.5FPE on half cocking with hobby pellets.

If you remember I fitted a brand new .177 barrel from Solware as it originally came to me with a .22 barrel fitted but the pistol was stamped as .177 hence why being a tart I put it back to OEM

So possibly a tad down on power for those hand cannons

Satisfying Crack

Managed a trip to the range today, tried it with open sights at 10m two handed and one handed, with a red dot two handed at 10m and 20 yards.
    It still has a bit of a kick, but not unmanageable, but also a very satisfying crack when it goes off.
    Hopefully this link will show the results of my efforts.
    The top left target is my best with open sights two handed, the bottom left is the best at 10m with the red dot, and the big one is at 20 yards with the red dot.

https://i.postimg.cc/QMY664QL/20220421-182017.jpg

More practice required, but very happy with my first outing. I think I will fit a different red dot that has a lower profile, just need to buy some suitable mounts.

Managed a trip to the range today, tried it with open sights at 10m two handed and one handed, with a red dot two handed at 10m and 20 yards.
    It still has a bit of a kick, but not unmanageable, but also a very satisfying crack when it goes off.
    Hopefully this link will show the results of my efforts.
    The top left target is my best with open sights two handed, the bottom left is the best at 10m with the red dot, and the big one is at 20 yards with the red dot.

https://i.postimg.cc/QMY664QL/20220421-182017.jpg

More practice required, but very happy with my first outing. I think I will fit a different red dot that has a lower profile, just need to buy some suitable mounts.
    Not too shabby Mark and it looks ace with those grips