Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What scope mounts are you using on your pre 2006 Webley break barrel rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Currently working on my Xocet buddy, biggest difference so far is a reduction in piston weight, standard was 273grms, currently at 255 and a whole heap softer than before, looking to take it to around 240 if I can, also reduced the power to 11.0ft/lbs from 11.4...
    Yes I saw on "the other forum" that you'd gone down the route of lightening the piston.

I'm running the standard piston in mine, but a very non standard guide and spring setup.
    I'm very surprised just how nicely mine shoots with so little work.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Yes I saw on "the other forum" that you'd gone down the route of lightening the piston.

I'm running the standard piston in mine, but a very non standard guide and spring setup.
    I'm very surprised just how nicely mine shoots with so little work.
    Sounds similar to the setup in my Vulcans/excels. The heavy piston actually works quite well with a somewhat softer spring in these guns.
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Sounds similar to the setup in my Vulcans/excels. The heavy piston actually works quite well with a somewhat softer spring in these guns.
    Yes, the Xocets were definitely over sprung from the factory...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

What scope are you running buddy, the only time I've ever really experienced scope creep is when using a heavier scope, lightweight scopes (usually fixed mag) don't seem to cause any issues...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    What scope are you running buddy, the only time I've ever really experienced scope creep is when using a heavier scope, lightweight scopes (usually fixed mag) don't seem to cause any issues...
    I'm using a UTG 3-9x32, so a lightweight scope.
    No creep though.
    My issue was just wanting some one sided mounts to sit straight.
    Its running BLK 257 with no issues, but not keen on spreading them to fit as they need to be spread far enough to skip over the dovetails.
    Can't see me taking them off though.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I'm using a UTG 3-9x32, so a lightweight scope.
    No creep though.
    My issue was just wanting some one sided mounts to sit straight.
    Its running BLK 257 with no issues, but not keen on spreading them to fit as they need to be spread far enough to skip over the dovetails.
    Can't see me taking them off though.
    Yes, running two sets of 257's on my 95k, already had one set so thought I'd just as well buy another set of singles rather than lash out on a set of double straps, still slightly too high for my liking but they'll have to do for now, bloody annoying that Webley never ran the rails all the way to the back of the cylinder ain't it as it can cause positioning issues when using certain mount/scope combinations.
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Never had scopecreep either. Not even on magnums. Just tighten the screws evenly.
    But the Tomahawks? can be a pita when it comes to mountcreep and killing scopes. Same goes for Patriot.
    And the Tomahawks are lazaglided, but still...
    I seemed to had fitted a dampa on my 12Ftp lazad Tommy many years ago. I removed it, cause it doesnt need it. Now it actually is more accurate than before.
    I only have dampas on my magnums. On the others standard mounts with springerrated scopes.
    Stingrays áre very nice shooters indeed
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Now it actually is more accurate than before.
    Yes, I've noticed it too when swapping from a dampa-mount to standard mounts...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...