Thread: Recommendations for match air pistols - Are Tesro PCP good?

Recommendations for match air pistols - Are Tesro PCP good?

Hi All
    I have recently re-joined a club, mainly to shoot Lightweight Sporting Rifle but have rekindled my interest in air pistol target shooting. I have a Gamo Compact and have the use of club PCP pistols (mainly Morini) but am looking into what is a good buy new for a PCP pistol that is up to match competition.

I have come across Tesro pistols which seem to have a good pedigree from what i have Googled but wondered if anyone on the forum owns one and if so which model and are they as good as they appear please?
    Many thanks
    Colin

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    We had one as a club gun where I used to shoot.
    Can't remember the model - but it seemed well made, reliable and was a popular choice, which must say something.

thank you

Sorry to be a bit late in to this. Pony club shooters use a number of these as they are one of the smaller sized pistols, they seem reliable and well made.

thank you

If anything does go amiss is there a UK service agent ? Parts availability ? worth checking before buying.
    John

Tesro.uk

I just look at what the top shots use as a guide. If the Steyr Evo10e is olympic gold standard then it's good enough for me but it does depend on your budget.

Originally I wanted a LP10 but bought the LP50 and did ok with that but was advised to get a dedicated single shot pistol so I went with a Walther LP400 carbon on an impulse buy. I eventually went back to Steyr when they released the Evo10e. After a few years (during lockdown) I got another Walther LP400 but the Alu version so now I have both.

Part of the reason I sold my original Walther was concerns over serving and spares (not an issue now) but Steyr is well supported and will be for years and spares a plenty.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

thanks guys

Tesro are for sure top quality guns. pretty much hand made in Bavaria. UK importer is based near Brownhills. Service and parts available through him.
    If you come to the Shooting Show there is a Tesro stand there, come and meet Dave and myself you can try the models live at 10m and talk to the man himself. As we say come and try a Tesro and enjoy the Tesro Smile.