Thread: deleated pm,s

deleated pm,s

Hi,Does anyone know if and how to get deleated pm,s back,I had to deleat some pm,s the other day to free up space but a couple of the pms had some info i need now lost them.rgds stubbs4612

Contact one of the moderators. They will know if it can be done

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Contact one of the moderators. They will know if it can be done
    When I had forum admin permissions, there was no way of so much as reading other people's PMs. let alone restoring deleted ones, so it's not looking good.

Do you know who they were from . Maybe the other member hasn't deleted them

Depending on how you have the settings for messages have you tried looking through your emails?

I have mine set to instantly email me any new PM’s hence it’s a secondary back up form of keeping tabs on messages when freeing up some space instead of downloading the files etc

That’s obviously if you don’t delete your emails

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    As far as I know, they're permanently deleted unless the other party still has them.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Thanks guy,s,rgds stubbs4612

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    When I had forum admin permissions, there was no way of so much as reading other people's PMs. let alone restoring deleted ones, so it's not looking good.
    This situation is still the same, Jim.

Following a few enquiries tonight by concerned members, please let me confirm that members Private Messages on here are exactly that --- private, only the sender and the recipient can read them.

All the best Mick

Thumbs up

Check out your old emails as they hold a copy of the message.

Just had the same problem, found the information I needed by looking in my sent items folder.

i've done the same before but luckily i had took a pic on my phone of the message to save me just writing it down
    i now take a pic of anything i deem might be needed before deleting messages

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    That is a good aspect of this and other forum engines. Not that I make any use of it.

All the above suggestions seem sensible.

Failing that do you have any contacts in GCHQ, Microsoft, the Chinese Communist Party or The Russian Federation?

I do hope you find your lost information. If not the good people on this site may well be able to re-answer your original question.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Thanks all,I got sorted now,cos i remembered who sent the info i needed ,got in touch with him and he kindly repeated the info and now i took a photo of said info for in case it happens again.rgds stubbs4612