Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gamo Compact experience

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CB200 View Post
    Yes new is generally better, although it’s a trade off between older precision quality verses new simpler mechanics.

I’ve just found they do a Tau-8 pcp! Great price too!

Did I call it! I called it everything under the sun!����
    No no no, you have to keep calm.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    No no no, you have to keep calm.
    I’m just kidding, I shot the 5 early on the card and went on to score the 5 tens after��

I’m just kidding, I shot the 5 early on the card and went on to score the 5 tens after��
    Yep, nobody said it was easy

Don't have to say but how did you get into pistol shooting? (Pm if you prefer but just curious)

Yep, nobody said it was easy

Don't have to say but how did you get into pistol shooting? (Pm if you prefer but just curious)
    I had a Webley Tempest in my teens, which said it would do 1” groups at 30’ (don’t know about that!).
    I always thought, after that, that I’d like to have a go at proper target pistol shooting, I even bought a book, can’t remember it’s name, but it was about A5 size in landscape format with a pale blue limp cover: I think it might have been called ‘Pistol shooting’. Anyway, fast forward 45 years or so, and I am!
    Last edited by CB200; 05-02-2022 at 01:40 PM.

Sometimes that's the way, not just with shooting but as time goes on you revisit something that had the seed planted back yonder.
    Never tried a Tempest, but have shot many older Webley pistols, that 1" at 30ft seems a familiar advertising claim. Easier to say than achieve, the early pistols have a short/ shortish sightbase which hinders things, but that tiny front sight isn't or wouldnt be my first choice. Thought about "accurizing" one for fun, complete with a decent set of sights. Not trying to build a target pistol as such but just to see what I can make of it but never got around to it.

Atb

Sometimes that's the way, not just with shooting but as time goes on you revisit something that had the seed planted back yonder.
    Never tried a Tempest, but have shot many older Webley pistols, that 1" at 30ft seems a familiar advertising claim. Easier to say than achieve, the early pistols have a short/ shortish sightbase which hinders things, but that tiny front sight isn't or wouldnt be my first choice. Thought about "accurizing" one for fun, complete with a decent set of sights. Not trying to build a target pistol as such but just to see what I can make of it but never got around to it.

Atb
    Sounds like that could be a fun project, but you’re right other things take priority.

I shot a disappointing 505 in my monthly 60 shot today, up on last months 494, but down on the 506 I shot two weeks ago. Progress seems to have stalled at the moment. Will need to persevere and address the fliers from a technical pov and dry fire them out.

I shot a disappointing 505 in my monthly 60 shot today, up on last months 494, but down on the 506 I shot two weeks ago. Progress seems to have stalled at the moment. Will need to persevere and address the fliers from a technical pov and dry fire them out.
    Matches can be won or lost by a point but 505 v 506 is pretty consistent so I wouldn't be too concerned & it's up on your 494 so that's good too. You might feel as if you've begun to plateau a bit but tidying up the errors will pull your scores up. You've identified that you have errors & have a plan to work through them. That's a positive & should show you a benefit pretty quickly when you eliminate them or reduce them.

Pm on its way